Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: drop the iphone... now, no signal!?

Default drop the iphone... now, no signal!?
    accidentaly drop my iphone (114, j/u/a), for the first few day it was working fine, but now it doesnt have any signal. please help me... i tried running the iliberty+ with the payload of fix no wifi, no signal, no bluetooth... but i still didnt get any signal. i tried using another sim card but no good. please help...

edit: tried resetting the network, but didnt work. there's an iccid, i guess that the sim card is detected. also, when i tap the network on settings, phone provider network are being detected. but whenever i select the network of my sim card, i got an ERROR. hope this narrows the solution. tnx in advance.
    Last edited by Pinoynoob; 2008-07-16 at 02:30 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvlyssup's Avatar
    Thanks

It may be hardware related...knocked the comm board loose (probably not, it has 2 screws holding it which can also come loose ) or the GSM signal came off / loose.

You still have wifi, IMEI, BT, etc right?
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Wifey's - 8GB 3G unlocked & jailbroken using blacksn0w, GO GEO!
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.
    Unbranded & Unlocked Custom WM6 Cingy 8125, R.I.P Cingy 8525 (WSOD)
    BB Bold, Miami Ink v3, v235, & an mpx220, all unlocked!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rvlyssup For This Useful Post:

Pinoynoob (2008-07-17)

still had all the info in the about under settings, except for the carrier. think its hardware, as well. thanks for the info! just wanna make sure before i open it.

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? - I have the same problem.

Thanks

i actually kinda had the same problem. i dropped my phone and its working fine except it says no sim. the wifi still works and there is no other visible problem. i have even been running truphone off of it but thats a pain having to find somewhere with wifi just to make a phone call. i was wondering if this happened to anyone else and if so how they fixed it or if its just broken for good now. i have only had this phone for 2 months so im kinda upset.

Thanks

If you dripped the phone and now it won't recognize the sim the something inside the phone broke. You can try using a different sim but if it still won't work then it probably never will. If the phone is still under waranty you can take it to apple to see if they'll replace it.

Thanks

ok well i got it off ebay so it dont have any warranty. ahh that sucks so i shouldnt bother trying to open it and see if something was just knocked loose? or is it too complicated? ive never taken the whole back off before so i dont know how to do it.

Thanks

Something may have come loose. I'm not the best person to give advice about opening it up and checking it out though. There are other people here that have far more expirience with that than me.

If it's a 3gs the is still under waranty as they were released less than a year ago.

Even if it's not under waranty an Apple store "may" still help you out if it is as simple as a loose connection inside. I had cable come loose from the digitizer and the apple genious just lifted the screen and reattached it without even checking to see if the phone was under waranty still. I do have to say the Apple has the best product support I have come across in the tech world.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-05-29 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

jmunny fo twunny (2010-06-06)

Thanks

i had given up on it and was using it at work as an ipod and all the sudden i just started picking up my sim again and i got like 100 some texts and like 30 voicemails all at once haha. but thanks for all your advice dude.