Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: About firmware 1.1.2 after weak 15th and firmware 1.1.3

Default About firmware 1.1.2 after weak 15th and firmware 1.1.3
    Dear friends;
    I am totally new with iPhone. However, I am going to buy a brand new one, which will be shipped to Vietnam on Jan 18. I just wonder if my iPhone will have firmware 1.1.3 then? Besides, I heard my friend said about firmware 1.1.2 after weak 15th (or after weak 9th) or firmware 1.1.3 can't be unlocked by software; it must be unlocked by hardware. Is it true? And one more question, if my iPhone has firmware which can't be unlocked, can I downgrade to the firmware which can be unlocked?
    Thanks for reading my thread.

Does anyone know the answer? I am really eager to know. Thanks all
    Last edited by FatBear; 2008-01-02 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

1.1.2 OTB and BL 4.6

Jailbreak = yes
    software unlock = no
    hardware unlock (turboSIM, etc) = yes

1.1.3 OTB and BL 4.6

Jailbreak = TBA
    software unlock = TBA
    hardware unlock (turboSIM, etc) = TBA (Nate suggested possible)

By the early reports, if you are unlucky to get 1.1.3, you will be waiting for a while before you can even think about jailbreaking it. Just pray for 1.1.2.

I think Apple coders are slowly closing out the backdoors, and I currently fear the worst for anything past 1.1.2 at the moment. I'm sure im not alone on this point of view.
    Last edited by cheetah2k; 2008-01-02 at 10:20 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

week 45 and up cannot be unlock yet. Did you buy your iphone yet? if u buy your iphone couple weeks after the new firmware u might have 50?50 chances to have the new firmware. Good luck to u
     Think Different

Yeah, I can see my situation. 'Cause I asked my friend to buy the iphone for me. Actually, It will be shipped to Vietnam in couple more weeks, however, I have no idea about what firmware it is. So, may God bless us