Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PC & Mac Guide - Downgrade from 2.0 to 1.1.4

ok i tried it on a different computer with itunes 7.5, i put it into recovery mode and itunes actually discovered it this time and is showing me the restore button which i shift click and explore for the 1.1.4 restore file, it begins to extract but not too soon after i get an error (20) and i cant get past there can anyone help me?

Fallis15

"ok i tried it on a different computer with itunes 7.5, i put it into recovery mode and itunes actually discovered it this time and is showing me the restore button which i shift click and explore for the 1.1.4 restore file, it begins to extract but not too soon after i get an error (20) and i cant get past there can anyone help me? "

------------------------------------------------------------

Power the phone OFF
    1 Hold power and home for EXACTLY 10 seconds
    2 Release power (continue to hold home)
    3 iTunes will recognize iphone in restore mode (you can let go of home now)
    4 then SHIFT RESTORE once more
    Last edited by choad; 2008-07-31 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Has anyone come across a situation where non of the signals work? no modem firmware is listed, no wifi, no bluetooth. I tried the iLiberty fix, but it freezes up on trying fix for bootloader 3.9.

TIA

Poseidon, thanks for the help! Only thing is after I recovered my phone and put my tmobile sim card back in, I don't get any signal. Also when I went to iLiberty to unlock the phone only jailbreak and activation box was lit up. Can you help me?

Quote Originally Posted by choad View Post
    Fallis15

"ok i tried it on a different computer with itunes 7.5, i put it into recovery mode and itunes actually discovered it this time and is showing me the restore button which i shift click and explore for the 1.1.4 restore file, it begins to extract but not too soon after i get an error (20) and i cant get past there can anyone help me? "

------------------------------------------------------------

Power the phone OFF
    1 Hold power and home for EXACTLY 10 seconds
    2 Release power (continue to hold home)
    3 iTunes will recognize iphone in restore mode (you can let go of home now)
    4 then SHIFT RESTORE once more
    yea uhm... thanks choad but thats kind of what i did to get it to restore and i tried it about 30 times and i keep getting the same error... can anyone offer some real advice instead of telling me how to put it into recovery mode? no offense but thats all i have been hearing from any forum...

ok, i reformatted my computer and it worked this time, so im at the ziPhone part where you click debug boot and iErase (README), now was i suppose to click Start, let it do its work on my iphone and then restore to 1.1.4 after? or do i restore, and then press Start?

*edit

nevermind!! lol i opened up iliberty and clicked random buttons.. downgraded from 4.6 to 3.9... and thinking my phone was dieing it booted up and voila! i see rogers at the top left and the big green battery in the middle =) its perfect now on 1.1.4, thanks so much for the tutorial, most of it was clear but it got the job done ! saved me a lot of money
    Last edited by Fallis15; 2008-07-31 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I downgraded the other night without a glitch. i essentially followed the guide on page 1 of this thread but I prepped my phone a bit differently. I wrote up a guide.

I have seen many guides for upgrading to 2.0 on 1st gen iPhones, but nothing really specific for those with legit ATT activation other than to uncheck activate and youtube fix. . My feeling is that many of the signal problems so many users have had have been a result of the unlock that was necessary if you had used WInpwn to jailbreak in 1.1.4. My theory was to get as close to stock as possible before upgrading and re-jailbreaking.

I do not know if all these steps are truly necessary, but I can vouch for the fact that this worked and my signal is much better, including wifi.

I would think this method would work for anyone on one of the other official iPhone carriers as well.

NOTE to those who need to UNLOCK: I imagine you could follow my guide for prepping the iPhone and then when you Winpwn/Pwn, you could check off all you need to in order to unlock. My gut feeling is that returning the phone completely to stock first and starting from scratch helps this process work better

If any of the situations do not apply to you (ie 5 icon dock, customize themes, etc…), just skip that step and go on.

Procedure:
    If you are running a 5 icon dock, remove 5th icon from dock
    Respring
    Turn off freeboard
    reboot
    Reset customize and summerboard to default
    Reboot
    Reset any fonts to default
    Reboot
    If you did an original Winpwn your phone is most likely unlocked even if you are activated on an official carrier like ATT. While the phones essentially work, the signal issue can be annoying so if you don’t need to unlock I do not recommend it.
    To relock phone: Reset bootneuter to neuter off, unlock off, original bootloader (whichever your phone had OOB), reflash. Wait till it finishes it takes a long time.
    You will not have a signal, its ok
    Reboot
    Still will not have signal – ok
    Use Ziphone/iLiberty to put phone in DFU restore mode this will assure you are in the correct DFU mode.
    Shift-restore in itunes to 1.1.4
    Will take a few minutes to show up on itunes and exit emergency screen
    Set up as new iphone
    Do not sync at this time;
    You will be activated on ATT on stock 1.1.4 (if you are on another carrier you will not be activated.
    Update phone to 2.0
    It will stay on prepping for restore for a VERY LONG time (10 -15 min) do not touch anything it will continue.
    It will finally activate on 2.0
    Follow instructions for winpwn build ipsw
    Rename to same as stock firmware
    Pwn itunes
    Enter DFU mode
    Shift restore to custom firmware
    It will stay on prepping for restore for a VERY LONG time (10 -15 min) do not touch
    (you will know you are ok if you see your custom boot logo on your iPhone screen)
    Eventually you will activate in iTunes.
    Set up as new Phone
    You will now have a clean LOCKED on ATT (or other official carrier) but jailbroken 1st Gen iPhone on 2.0 firmware with Cydia installed.
    If you need an unlocked phone you will have done the WinPwn following the general instructions for unlocking.

Install all Cydia upgrades.
    Reboot phone
    If all is well, go ahead and resync and enjoy.

So I made it through the first restore and got the 1015 error, I then restored again with the 1.1.4 restore and now I am stuck at "restoring iPhone software" message in itunes, its been in that state for almost an hour. Right now I just have the apple log and spinning thing below.

Any Ideas?

Reading through this thread and some other ones that are closely related it appears that the second restore is not neccesary in itunes? that after receiving the 1015, you can then go to iliberty or ziphone and kick it out of recovery mode? Is that correct?
    Last edited by thegoodfella; 2008-08-01 at 12:12 AM. Reason: clarification

I followed the procedures on page 1 but I still don't have a signal with Tmobile. Can anyone help me?

kiphone wont work for me. after i check debug and ierase and then click start, i get a message saying zibri.dat could not be opened for reading. i have everything extracted in a one folder so what am i doing wrong?

i followed everything EXACTLY.... and still dosent work.. my modem firmware sais its back to the old one but it still dosent work...

the only thing that never happend was when restoring the 1015 error NEVER showed up...

help plz =/

Talking Stuck please help
    Thanks for all the other steps they really helped!

Ok, I've followed all your steps up to 13. I downloaded and extracted KiPhone. After I checked Debug boot & iErase options do I click start? Before or after I plug my iPhone back into iTunes? I'm totally confused. When was it supposed to be unplugged from iTunes?

1. Download iTunes 7.5 from here: Direct Download iTunes 7.5 to Activate iPhone Anywhere Internationally My Digital Life
    2. Uninstall your current version of iTunes and reboot your PC.
    3. Go to My Documents > My Music > iTunes and delete the file called "iTunes Library.itl"
    4. Install iTunes 7.5

i followed these instrustions and when i start up itunes 7.5 all it says is waiting on iphone

The Iphone could not be restored..

ERROR (20)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

you guys have to check downgrade baseband and debug NOT ierase.

Hello Poseidon,
    I tried to get my iphone to reset according to your instructions for 6 hours last night, and then gave it a try 3 more times this morning, but it still won't work. I was able to get a working phone with firmware 1.1.4, but the baseband stayed 4.05.04, so when I do the final 1.1.4 restore my phone enters recovery mode. I need to get it back to factory settings so that can return the faulty unit to Apple.
    I downloaded Kiphone from the link you provided, and even deleted it and then redownloaded from the link you provided in answer to someome else's question, but it made no difference. I appreciate all the work you've put into your posts, but do you have suggestions for me?
    Thank you,

Please tell me if you see some thing wrong here. Install itunes 7.7 then deleted it and removed the library .itl file. Then installed 7.5 absolutely went into DFU mode (black screen) and tried to restore (about 50 times so far). I keep getting the 16XX error. I am using XP 4ghz. I believe the USB ports are not 2.0s. That is the only thing I can come up with. The iphone is stuck in recovery after my wife plugged it into 7.7. Any ideas. Thanks for the help ahead of time.

need help real quickly. ok well this fixed my 1604 error. sucewssfully loaded 1.1.4. But the thing is after i reloaded it, it didnt show up in the itunes. it also didnt give me the error. im not sure what my baseband is, i think 3.9. What should i do? should i put it in restore mode and restore it one more time? My iphone says. "no sim card installed". ( i didnt put my sim card in yet) please help!!!

i mean. i need help with steps 8 and later.
    Last edited by ipodlover77; 2008-08-03 at 07:52 PM.
    IpodLover77 @ Hofo

Hi Guys !
    mine is a different problem, sometime, my iphone with 1.1.4 firmware, jailbroken and unlock by iliberty got stuck up .so i do a hard reset to get the phone working again. Yesterday, the iphone stuck up again and i made a hard reset three times .............then the worst nightmare happens, the iphone crash and went to recovery mode. I need your advise what to do next ? Do i need to restore it in itune 7.7 or 7.6 ? or uninstal the latest itune and instal the 7.5 ?
    Already dowloaded the firmware 1.1.4.
    Or do i instal first itune 7.7 and restore it there making the iphone updated to 2.0 firmware. then follow your instructions of downgrading it from 2.0 to 1.1.4 ?
    fyi,one thing, up to now the iphone is in recovery mode.should i or not do the dfu mode ?
    please advise , thanks a lot !
    emerson

On #13 it says you may have to put your phone into recovery mode by "holding power and home until the phone reboots - continue to hold until you see the iTunes logo". Did not work for me. I had to hold home and power until the screen turned black, then keep holding the home button until iTunes detected it in recovery mode.

Other than that, nice guide and thanks!

I was able to clear out my Modem by downloading the broadband eraser through Installer. After that, 1.1.4 went through cleanly, and I was able to swap out the defective phone at an Apple Store with no one the wiser. Thanks everyone for your help.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast