Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PC & Mac Guide - Downgrade from 2.0 to 1.1.4

hi , i'm new to this forum and the iphone.
    i brought a iphone from my nephew (2g) and just want to say thanks for this tut it was my first time doing the downgradeing and the tut was easy to follow. and i now have a jailbroken phone thanks and keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by hibernian56
    Easy downgrade, with full service
    Six days it took messing around to find this...

This is a simple version of several thousand million various attempts, cobbled together from some hundred or so posts, some bogus, some unreadable, in order to convince my iPhone that the sim card actually does work...

Being Irish, I would prefer to be out drinking than spending countless nights infront of my Mac.. Anyway here goes...

The downloads you will need are; (Download all of these to the desktop for your own sanity)
    iTunes 7.5
    Download iTunes 7.5.0.20 - FileHippo.com
    Iphone 1.1.4 Firmware
    iPod/iPhone firmware update 1.1.4 released - The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
    iBrickr
    cre.ations.net - Creation: iBrickr: Easy iPhone ringtone / app management for Windows (This is windows ONLY)
    Ziphone 3
    ZiPhone's Blog
    Kiphone
    EraseBaseband

Ok so you've downloaded all of these, lets get started...

1. Upgrade your iPhone to Version 2 software through iTunes as normal, and wait for the Sim locked message. You need to do this to normalise your iPhone again incase any previous messing around did anything nasty.

2. Uninstall iTunes if it is a higher version than 7.5 and install iTunes 7.5 (You need to do this to avoid the annoying Error 1604). Some of you may have a problem on the mac when downgrading to iTunes 7.5 (Library error). You need to go to finder click on /Users/Username/Music/iTunes you should see the "iTunes Library" file. MOVE it somewhere safe. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DELETE THIS FILE, if you do you will have to redo all your playlists etc, believe me I made this mistake (Thank God for Time Machine!!). iTunes 7.5 should launch away

3. Restore your iPhone to 1.1.4. Do this by docking your iPhone and hold down the Option key (Mac) or Shift key (PC) and click on restore. Point iTunes to the 1.1.4 firmware you downloaded earlier. Sit back and relax, you deserve a coffee.

4. Don't panic, you should get an "Error 10xx", usually 1015, this is ok. Take a sip of coffee, a deep breath and proceed.

5. Load up iBrickr, you will need a PC for this if you have a Mac or just fire up Parallels / VMWare. Luckily I had access to an old laptop. iBrickr should recognise your iPhone as being connected.

6. iBrickr (V0.91) has only two options, click the "Boot phone" button. The screen will turn red, this is normal, be patient it takes a couple of minutes to reboot.

7. You should now have have a 1.1.4 iPhone with a baseband from V2 (Who cares, its technical and we don't need to get into it here)

8. Run ZiPhone and use the "Do it all" option. Make another coffee, this takes 10 minutes or more.

9. You now have a jailbroken phone, with a "No Service" problem. Great.

10. Load up KiPhone. click on "iErase" (Mac) or "debug boot" and "Erase baseband" (PC). I HAD MORE SUCCESS WITH THE PC VERSION. The Mac version hung twice, it's your choice but for your own sanity maybe try the PC Version.

11. Enjoy, you should have full service back.

12. Dock with iTunes, it will ask you if you want to upgrade your iPhone, make sure to click the "Do not ask me again" button and click don't upgrade. Otherwise you will be back at square one.

13. Drink lots of beer, Apple you should be ashamed of yourselves, I wasted the majority of six days of my life to get this problem sorted. Pity-full.

I can get steps 1) and 2) done, but iTunes 7.5 won't recognise the iPhone at all. What should I do?

im stuck on 7 guys its saying iphone software curentry not available make sure u have the latest vesion of itunes and try again plaese help

I'm goona try this after work. I had a perfectly working 1.1.4 phone unlocked etc etc, and was checking out version 2.0 software on an unlock site, I downloaded the unofficial 2.0 and then the official thru itunes...doh. Phone been in recovery mode ever since. Although I can restore perfectly in the latest itunes 7.7 with version 2.0.

thank you all so much for your help i got my phone back my altho i lost all my music its all good becoz i got installer now POSEIDON79 ((((mwaaa)))

helpppp...my 1.0.2 accidentally upgraded to 2.0...tried everything to downgrde it..it's error (20)...please help me

I have tried countless times to get the phone into DFU mode. I have followed your instructions and continually get unknown error 20 after I try to restore. Any other suggestions to make sure it enters DFU mode?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coryjohn7 View Post
    I have tried countless times to get the phone into DFU mode. I have followed your instructions and continually get unknown error 20 after I try to restore. Any other suggestions to make sure it enters DFU mode?
    Are you on Mac or PC? usually error 20 is due to the fact that you are not on the correct version of iTunes (7.5). Secondly, tell me what is displayed on the screen when you put your phone in DFU mode and hit restore in iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by piptaps View Post
    im stuck on 7 guys its saying iphone software curentry not available make sure u have the latest vesion of itunes and try again plaese help
    This message displays if your phone is in recovery mode (Connect to iTunes logo) not DFU mode (Black screen).
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2008-07-21 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default a different guide that worked
    Hi guys,

I tried this other guide just now and it worked, it's exactly the same except I used iLiberty to unlock it for step 13 and it worked perfect, try it out instead and let me know the problems you had, I had a couple but got around them, mainly I had to restore my iphone twice, that was the only hitch.

2.0 to 1.1.4 Downgrade - iPhone News & Review

Poseidon79,

Can you shed some light on how one can revirginize their 2G iphone with the 2.0 firmware. I recently used the pwnage tool for 2.0 jailbreak and unlock and I am deciding to go back to factory settings... how can i do this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankyfontaine View Post
    Hi guys,

I tried this other guide just now and it worked, it's exactly the same except I used iLiberty to unlock it for step 13 and it worked perfect, try it out instead and let me know the problems you had, I had a couple but got around them, mainly I had to restore my iphone twice, that was the only hitch.

2.0 to 1.1.4 Downgrade - iPhone News & Review
    You actually restore THREE times if you follow my guide correctly. Twice up front and once right before the final unlock/jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by skizkit View Post
    Poseidon79,

Can you shed some light on how one can revirginize their 2G iphone with the 2.0 firmware. I recently used the pwnage tool for 2.0 jailbreak and unlock and I am deciding to go back to factory settings... how can i do this?
    Use kiphone to iErase your 4.05 baseband and then do a normal itunes restore to 2.0. If you want to go back down to 1.1.4 you have to follow the entire guide.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2008-07-21 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I entered successfully into DFU mode. Pwnage tool 1.0 confirmed the phone was in DFU not recovery. I have a Windows Laptop that I am using since it still has 7.5 on it (my mac had 7.7 and I tried to downgrade, but was still giving errors).

After in DFU the laptop give the "ding" that the phone is recognized and iTunes opens. I hold Shift and Click Restore - find the 1.1.4 firmware and click open. iTunes runs its processes and tries to being the restore process. Then it gives me the whole error spcheel with the error code... (-10)... I have tried this several times and cannot get past that point.

I am able to get out of DFU mode and have 2.0 run perfectly, I just really want to downgrade to 1.1.4

Please help!

i am attempting this on a mac and i dont know if its because i dont know how to use terminal but i got this message after trying to download itunes 7.5 "itunes file cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of itunes.

whats this mean?

Thanks! The first part works great for me--but after I run Kiphone, i do the shift+restore in itunes and I get the 1015 error again? why is this? any way I can go in and see what level of firmware/baseband is running?

What's my next step if I want to use the iphone w/o any phone contract? thanks!!

Thanks

That's ok.. just use iliberty to jumo out of receovery mode after error 1015.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

thewenis (2008-07-22)

hey poseidon can u help me i normally do know what to but in this situation its drivin me nuts ok here is my problem i upgraded my phone to 2.0 tryin the winpwn and by mistake i load the regular 2.0 firmware not the custom one and now im tryin to downgrade my phone back to 1.1.4 i downloaded the itunes 7.5.0.20 i think and download it the firmware 1.1.4 too here my problem when i set my phone on DFU well is stock on that screen no matter wut i do wont do nothing else the phone goes straight to DFU and i go to restore tried to install the 1.1.4 and i get this stupid msg every time ( The iphone "iphone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (20). plz can u help me with this ? i see that u say that might be that im not on DFU but im on it black screen with the itunes disk with the usb cable on it.

actually got it done u were rigth was dfu mode problem thank anyways great post !
    Last edited by tw1st3r; 2008-07-22 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

HI all

I'm already on 2.0 but i find it slow i need to downgrade to 1.1.4 i followed the steps here but itunes v7.5 did not recognize my phone event in DFU mode ...plz help

is there any alternative links to ibrikr their site is down. thanks

OMG.........THANKS. I have been struggling with this all night. I wanted 2.0 ( running a pc ) cause I wanted the nursing software.........I'll wait!!! YOU ROCK

Rob

Man I don't know...I am on itunes 7.5 (uninstalled 7.7, rebooted and installed 7.5). Also in DFU mode but keep getting the shitty 1601, 1604 errors.

When I placed the iphone in DFU and started itunes 7.5 it said "waiting for ipod" then gave the 1601 error. I restarted Itunes then it said waiting for iphone then 1601 error again...however this time the black screen lit up (turned white).

I restored to original firmware 2.0 using itunes 7.7. Asking for activation. Now following downgrade again. used the DFU app to switch to DFU mode...got a white screen shitty error 1604 when I try restoring to 1.1.4.
    Last edited by MajorPain; 2008-07-23 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast