Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: itunes wont show iphone.

Exclamation itunes wont show iphone.
    well im trying to downgrade my iphone from 2.0 to 1.1.4 and i downloaded 7.5 itunes and put iphone in dfu mode but itunes wont even show my iphone. help please? i have windows xp

I had the same issue earlier this year and was able to fix it. See my fix below.

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHA1C View Post
    I just went through the same thing. Mine had been this way since last week. I pieced together some fixes that didn't work out, but I finally managed to fix it on my own.

The problem is that the necessary drivers either didn't install to the correct directory on your computer, or Windows just forgets they are there. Either way, give this a shot, and let me know if it works out. I feel your pain, it was a very frustrating issue.

------------------------------------------------
    I'm using Windows XP Pro-

First, ensure that you have iTUnes 7.5 Installed. I recommend this version, since 7.6.1 is what caused this problem for me in the first place.
    If you need to uninstall a newer version, do so by opening the control panel and use the "Add/Remove Programs" utility.

1- You must right-click on "My Computer" and select "Manage
    2- In the left pane, select "Device Manager"
    3- In the right window, expand "Imaging devices" or similar imaging category
    4- You should see "Apple Camera" or something similar
    5- Right click on the "Apple camera" and select "Update Driver"
    6- Select second option "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" click Next
    7- Check the box labeled "Include this location in the search
    8- Copy and paste this path into the folder line- CProgram Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
    9- Click "Next"

Windows should now locate the necessary USBAAPL driver to run the iPhone and enable it's detection in iTunes.

If this does not work, open your windows explorer, and use the search option at the top of the window. Search for "Usbaapl". This should turn up the location of the driver files you need to reassociate the iPhone with iTunes. Make a note of the directory, and use that in the Driver Update (step 8 above). My drivers happened to be in the CProgram Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers folder.

I hope this gets some of you back to working /syncing order.
    Last edited by ARCHA1C; 2008-07-15 at 04:08 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvlyssup's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHA1C View Post
    I had the same issue earlier this year and was able to fix it. See my fix below.
    Let me clarify...
    iTunes 7.7 has the drivers for firmware 2.0. It is important that when downgrading to 7.5, it was originally 7.7. Earlier versions of iTunes will not recognize an iPhone upgraded to 2.0 FW. Matter of fact if you dock the phone on earlier versions of iTunes, hardware install error message will pop up. No offense but the solution you posted is not going to work for 2.0 firmware and fix the OPs problem.

Ozzycruzer7, make sure the phone is in DFU mode. Not doing it properly causes a majority of the problems. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by rvlyssup; 2008-07-15 at 09:35 PM. Reason: more info...
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Wifey's - 8GB 3G unlocked & jailbroken using blacksn0w, GO GEO!
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.
    Unbranded & Unlocked Custom WM6 Cingy 8125, R.I.P Cingy 8525 (WSOD)
    BB Bold, Miami Ink v3, v235, & an mpx220, all unlocked!

i dont see apple camera or anything there just my reg camera

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvlyssup's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ozzycruzer7 View Post
    i dont see apple camera or anything there just my reg camera
    Check your other thread, hopefully we can figure this out...
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Wifey's - 8GB 3G unlocked & jailbroken using blacksn0w, GO GEO!
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.
    Unbranded & Unlocked Custom WM6 Cingy 8125, R.I.P Cingy 8525 (WSOD)
    BB Bold, Miami Ink v3, v235, & an mpx220, all unlocked!