Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Urgent Help needed

Default Urgent Help needed
    Hi I have an unlocked iphone to 1.1.1 that was working fine in Malta with a local si card. The phone is 1.1.1 original, downgraded to 1.0.2 unlocked then back up to 1.1.1. However today it was working fine then it just switched off and does not want to start back up. Tried connecting it to power or PC but no avail.

What do you think happened?

Should I restore....to 1.1.1 or 1..0.2 if yes?

WIll I birck it?

Will I lose the unlock. I have synced it with Itunes 7.4.3.1.

Your help is much appreciated!!!! Thanks in advnace

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Try putting it in restore mode hold home and sleep for about 20 seconds and see if it turns on.
    But if it won't turn on when connected to power or pc I have no idea... could be a hardware problem and you should contact apple.

Thanks,
    Zach

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zach23 For This Useful Post:

cerna (2008-01-01)

Hi,

Tried a hard reset and it booted as you told me so I have no idea what happened. Thanks a lot Zach32.

For the future a question please if I had to ever restore should I virginize first? And if I resore should I go for 1.1.1 or 1.0.2 and the upgrade , activate and unlock?

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerna View Post
    Hi,

Tried a hard reset and it booted as you told me so I have no idea what happened. Thanks a lot Zach32.

For the future a question please if I had to ever restore should I virginize first? And if I resore should I go for 1.1.1 or 1.0.2 and the upgrade , activate and unlock?

Thanks in advance
    Virginize after you restore, and if your on 1.0.2 you need to virginize (unless you used anySIM 1.1) then update away to 1.1.1 and use jailbreakme.com to unlock away

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

cerna (2008-01-01)

Thanks DoerrFan, one question, since mine was original 1.1.1 do I still need to virginize or should I resore directly to 1.1.1 and jailbreak? I did not unlock it myself but bought it ready. I have anysim 1.1 installed so I assume it is that version that was used.
    TIA

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerna View Post
    Thanks DoerrFan, one question, since mine was original 1.1.1 do I still need to virginize or should I resore directly to 1.1.1 and jailbreak? I did not unlock it myself but bought it ready. I have anysim 1.1 installed so I assume it is that version that was used.
    TIA
    You may still have to virginize, because if you restore and try to unlock again it has issues, id run an app called oneSIM to i think reverse anySIM to a point, then restore and run anySIM again, if it gets problems, virginize.