Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JB/Unlocked.. BUT using AT&T. Can I upgrade?

Default JB/Unlocked.. BUT using AT&T. Can I upgrade?
    Well, it's just a *bit* more complicated. I was one of the people who, when I bought my iphone, I cancelled the new iPhone plan to go back to my previous cingular Wireless plan. Does that matter?

Every time I use this previous Sim card that I've been using I have no problems activating the phone.. it activates within a second of starting up for the first time.

I had to unlock my phone because I was studying abroad last semester, but now I'm back to my AT&T plan, which (from the website) says I have an Iphone and I'm signed up for the normal iPhone data plan + minutes.

I will mention this: When I got back to the states, I tried to re-add my data plan with an ATT rep over the phone and they were having issues, saying it would not add because it didn't look like I had an iPhone. (It might have stemmed from when the data plan was removed, or from when I cancelled the iPhone contract plan back in 07). Either way, I was able to add the plan myself from the website.... which was a bit weird if you ask me.

I apologize for writing an essay!! Basically, will I be okay to upgrade? (Being unlocked) Should I virginize first or something? Gracias.

bump
    Last edited by FrogsOblivious; 2008-07-15 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost