Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: out the box 1.1.2 to 1.1.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default out the box 1.1.2 to 1.1.1
    Hello to all and happy new years !!! I just got my iphone for xmas and I love it, I even think my wife regrets getting it for me since it has been getting more attention these past few days.

What im really posting this thread for is that i have put in a 8 hr shift today trying to downgrade from "out the box" 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 and no luck !! I have downloaded the firmware for 1.1.1, backed up the iPhone and restored my iPhone with itunes but I only get 2 options which are "restore and update" or "cancel" it will not allow me to just restore in 1.1.1 with out automatically upgrading.
    After more searching I found a thread that advised using "ibrickr" to restore the iphone after starting the restore process with itunes. I tried but "ibrickr" but it could not find my phone unless it was already restored with 1.1.2, were it then gave me an option to "free my phone". When I select that option it prompts me to turn on itunes and start the restoring process. It then reads that once the restoring process starts to download to unplug the phone. I tried it and still no results. Is there any advice for this newbie so I can start taking full advantage of my iPhone ???
    Last edited by outcast420; 2007-12-31 at 11:59 PM. Reason: typo

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

after you have downloaded firmware 1.1.1 you need too have your iphone connected too itunes and before you click on restore hold down the shift key on your keyboard that will open up explorer so you can guide to the firmware you just downloaded and install that one.

I have the same issue. Everytime i go to update to 1.1.1 and use ibrickr or the windows.bat file i always end up in 1.1.2 when my phone shows up in itunes. Everyone points to a guide but the error the guide says you get is way diff than the one i get. I normally get error (5) not 1015 or 1320 or w/e the guides say. If i find anything out i'll let you know what i did. If you could do the same that'd be awesome.

Strange

I have downgraded several OTB 1.1.2 phones and not come across this issue

Is this what you get for using windows OS?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Likewise Vish.

And I am sorry I did forget to mention that I am trying this on windows. Also to be a litle more detail with my process this is what I am doing step by step.
    1st I open itunes and go to my iPhone summary while holding shift I select to restore. I then get a window allowing me to select my 1.1.1 file that I have saved on my desktop. Once select the file somewere allong the line it asks me if I would like to back up my iPhone, I select yes. Then itunes starts extracting the software and installing 1.1.1 once it finishes the process my iphone has the OTB display(plug into itunes prompt) on the screen. At this point itunes advises me that there is an iphone that is in recovery mode connected to itunes would i like to "restore and update" or "cancel". This is were the dillema is at I am not getting the option that i have seen on several tutotrials that gives me the option to select which format I want to restore the phone with.
    Im pretty sure the 1.1.1 format is on the phone but itunes will not let me restore with out updating it to 1.1.2 the only thing I havnt tried is using an older version of itunes. But alot of people seem to be pulling this off with itunes 7.5 so i havnt bothered ... hope this helps ...

Quote Originally Posted by outcast420 View Post
    Hello to all and happy new years !!! I just got my iphone for xmas and I love it, I even think my wife regrets getting it for me since it has been getting more attention these past few days.

What im really posting this thread for is that i have put in a 8 hr shift today trying to downgrade from "out the box" 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 and no luck !! I have downloaded the firmware for 1.1.1, backed up the iPhone and restored my iPhone with itunes but I only get 2 options which are "restore and update" or "cancel" it will not allow me to just restore in 1.1.1 with out automatically upgrading.
    After more searching I found a thread that advised using "ibrickr" to restore the iphone after starting the restore process with itunes. I tried but "ibrickr" but it could not find my phone unless it was already restored with 1.1.2, were it then gave me an option to "free my phone". When I select that option it prompts me to turn on itunes and start the restoring process. It then reads that once the restoring process starts to download to unplug the phone. I tried it and still no results. Is there any advice for this newbie so I can start taking full advantage of my iPhone ???
    if you're on 1.1.2(OTB) why do you want to downgraded? try to unlock it? for what i know right now you can't unlock 1.1.2(OTB). You can unlock only if you're upgraded from like 1.0.2 or 1.1.1

if you have an OTB 112 and you want to downgrade to 111 and use it you must also downgrade the Baseband. if you don't the FW and BB won't match and the phone wont function as a phone.

check this out: http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23106
    Last edited by bmx1; 2008-01-01 at 07:03 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kenmaster View Post
    if you're on 1.1.2(OTB) why do you want to downgraded? try to unlock it? for what i know right now you can't unlock 1.1.2(OTB). You can unlock only if you're upgraded from like 1.0.2 or 1.1.1
    To use as an iPod touch of course

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thank you all, after another 8hr shift I have jailbroken my OTB 1.1.2 !!!

Vish, if you are still stuck and the moderators don't mind take over this thread and post were you are stuck at. It's all within the same topic so I dont think there should be a problem ...

Quote Originally Posted by outcast420 View Post
    Thank you all, after another 8hr shift I have jailbroken my OTB 1.1.2 !!!

Vish, if you are still stuck and the moderators don't mind take over this thread and post were you are stuck at. It's all within the same topic so I dont think there should be a problem ...
    Grats on the jailbreak. I finally got mine as well. But i hate to say it i'm a stupid *** because i kept using the 1.1.1 ipod downgrade. Instead of the 1.1.1 iphone downgrade. But then again every guide i found only had the 1.1.1 ipod downgrade so i thought i was using the correct one jus doin something wrong. Then i got the 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 striaght from the wiki and the magic unfolded. After i got the right iphone FW it worked like a charm. No problems.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yeah its always the minor details that cause the problems !! my issue was that i was downloading the firmware as a .zip file and not changing extention to .ipsw, oh and i was using an old version of iBrickr.