Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help !!

Exclamation Please help !!
    Hi, i was running a jailbroken (by ziphone) 1.1.3 first generation iphone and today i decided to update to 2.0, and all seemed to go well until now....

Now my phone wont read on itunes, wont charge via usb cable to my computer and is stuck on this screen with a picture of a usb cable and an itunes logo. I am unable to do anything except turn on and off the phone and slide to use the phone as an emergency call only.

I'm sure that this is a known problem , so WHAT DO I DO?
    Please, anything to help me would be greatly appreciated.

its probably an activation problem caused by apple and their servers from the new 3g launch, some say leave itunes on and phone(on) connected to computer ....let it sit for 30 or less mins may make it work, if all else fails, hope u got warranty and head to apple, tell them its a failed upgrade and they will fix it for u

Default slide bar no respone
    dear all,

please help! I droped my phone on the floor. The next thing i know is my phone's slide bar have no response... do i have to restore to factory mode?

pls....help anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by mag_yap77 View Post
    dear all,

please help! I droped my phone on the floor. The next thing i know is my phone's slide bar have no response... do i have to restore to factory mode?

pls....help anyone!
    thats not a software problem, it needs to be taken back to apple(most likely its the touch screen thats gone out)
    make sure you DONT tell apple you dropped it but rather just let them know it just stopped working for some odd reason =]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bfarin View Post
    Hi, i was running a jailbroken (by ziphone) 1.1.3 first generation iphone and today i decided to update to 2.0, and all seemed to go well until now....

Now my phone wont read on itunes, wont charge via usb cable to my computer and is stuck on this screen with a picture of a usb cable and an itunes logo. I am unable to do anything except turn on and off the phone and slide to use the phone as an emergency call only.

I'm sure that this is a known problem , so WHAT DO I DO?
    Please, anything to help me would be greatly appreciated.
    You're stuck in DFU mode. The only thing you can do is a restore. Use Pwnage to create a new restore file and use it to unlock/jailbreak/active through iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by mag_yap77 View Post
    dear all,

pls....help anyone!
    The drop killed your digitizer, this caused the bottom strip of your screen to stop responding. The only thing you can do is replace the screen. Which is about a $240 repair.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-07-23 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.