Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: from 1.1.3 jailbroken to 2.0?

Question from 1.1.3 jailbroken to 2.0?
    I'm interested in upgrading to the new 2.0 software for my iphone, and right now I have a 1.1.3 jailbroken (not unlocked) iphone. What steps do I need to take to get the phone back to a state where I can upgrade? I assume if I upgrade with a jailbroken phone its gonna result in trouble.
    Thanks,
    Robert

Just plug it in and update the firmware.

No fancy steps, just click the update button in iTunes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have the same setup and was considering it however all the evidence has shown that 2.0 is not that"great". I am keeping my 1.1.3 until the new installer 2.0 is available!

Can anyone confirm what jacensolo said? I would figure that upgrading through itunes to 2.0 with a 1.1.3 jailbroken phone would result in problems (as I believe it did in previous versions).

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvlyssup's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by supgraffix View Post
    Can anyone confirm what jacensolo said? I would figure that upgrading through itunes to 2.0 with a 1.1.3 jailbroken phone would result in problems (as I believe it did in previous versions).
    Poster is correct, only question is do you really want to upgrade to 2.0? Your phone will not be JB and unlocked. Like flounder21 stated, 2.0 aint that great either. If that is okay with you, just update iTunes to 7.7, connect your phone and upgrade.

IMHO, wait for the 2.0 JB, Unlock, and activation b4 you proceed.
    Last edited by rvlyssup; 2008-07-15 at 06:10 PM.
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Wifey's - 8GB 3G unlocked & jailbroken using blacksn0w, GO GEO!
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.
    Unbranded & Unlocked Custom WM6 Cingy 8125, R.I.P Cingy 8525 (WSOD)
    BB Bold, Miami Ink v3, v235, & an mpx220, all unlocked!

Thanks for the confirmation. Maybe I will give it a few weeks for the jailbreak to come out. I'm mainly just interested in the pandora and last.fm apps from the app store =).