Hey gang,

been running a very basic operation here since jump (late aug/early sep). I ran the original 40 min unlocking guide (unlocked and activated myself) - which is totally antiquated @ this point so I guess I'm an old schooler. LOL.

Anyhow I dropped in to see where the unlocking process was @ this point and looked @ the 1.1.2 steps. Not sure how this affects 1.0.2 users to upgrade to 1.1.2. I just wanted to make sure that I had it right b/c I'm not very clear on that...

Whilst ready to follow this unlocking the 1.1.2 guide, I just had a few questions for clarification - though it seems pretty simple:

"If you are still on 1.0.2..." <--- and the sentence ends then jumps to the red warning - or is that for me too?? Is there something missing here??

I do have the latest Installer (v3.0b8)
This OktoPrep shows in my installer, but in the 1.1.1 folder.
I guess the only way to get anySIM1.2.1u is to install the Rogue Sources. Can that be done fine under 1.0.2?
Now, I still have BSD subsystem 1.5 - that's adequate I gather?
More importantly, I have iNdependence 1.2.1. Will I be fine w/ this?
As well, iTunes 7.4.2 is what I am running. I should stay here correct?
And I am running Leopard 10.5. Any issues?

Sorry about the quantities of questions, but this site has been my lone and and most complete resource for iPhone queries. Best tutorials by far (in my books), but I just wanted to make sure I was going about this correctly as I might be a very small minority running the original 1.0.2 (1C28). I just want to have this done in one run.

Thx as always.

H!