Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking already activated ATT Iphone

Smile Jailbreaking already activated ATT Iphone
    Hello everyone I have an IPhone and its been activated through ATT for well over a month but im looking for third party Apps is there any way I can jailbreak an Iphone after being activated on Att please help it is much needed Thank You

Yes, jailbreak is not an unlock, it just breaks the phone out of locked access to read/write files.

Ok whats the process since im not trying to bypass the activation because my Iphone is already activated so what steps do I take thank you

Jailbreak doesnt necessarily activate the phone, again it just gives you access to the phone to read/write files. You did not state what version you were on, so I can tell you exactly which one to use. If you are on 1.1.1 then use the webbased jailbreakme.com.

If you are are 1.1.2, then use the new Java based jailbreak program (works on both mac and pc).

Thats it.
    Dixit

I have a Iphone after the 47th week i bought my iphone on december 14th so therefore I have 1.1.2 so where do i get the java thing from or what guide can you refer me to? Thanks for the help man

yea dat java thing could help wat is it?

Downgrading seems to be my problem. I cant seem to get the 1.1.1 restore to work for my phone. I dont know if what week it was made makes a diff or if i've already activated the phone?

Man some of yall are killing me on the board, want it hand fed. Again no offense, but there are buttons at the TOP on the toolbar, called GUIDES, all the information in there if you just simply look around and search.

Now that I got that out of the way....

Here is the jailbreak software for 1.1.2 java based, so dont matter what OS you run on as long as you have Java installed.
    http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html

The directions are in there, but here is a guide on how to do it on OSX, again no different on Windows since its java based.
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Get...OS_X_current_3
    That link for the 1.1.2 jailbreak was taken from that guide, go about half way down and it starts from there on jailbreaking it.

Again remember this will ONLY work if you upgrade to 1.1.2 from 1.1.1 after having oktoprep installed since it needs a hole created to jailbreak it.

Dixit

Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    Downgrading seems to be my problem. I cant seem to get the 1.1.1 restore to work for my phone. I dont know if what week it was made makes a diff or if i've already activated the phone?
    Again you need to properly follow the guides, that Jailbreak link has a readme that states how to do it. Follow it properly and you will have no problem.

Dixit
    Last edited by bigdogjonx; 2007-12-30 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogjonx View Post
    Man some of yall are killing me on the board, want it hand fed. Again no offense, but there are buttons at the TOP on the toolbar, called GUIDES, all the information in there if you just simply look around and search.

Now that I got that out of the way....

Here is the jailbreak software for 1.1.2 java based, so dont matter what OS you run on as long as you have Java installed.
    http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html

The directions are in there, but here is a guide on how to do it on OSX, again no different on Windows since its java based.
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Get...OS_X_current_3
    That link for the 1.1.2 jailbreak was taken from that guide, go about half way down and it starts from there on jailbreaking it.

Again remember this will ONLY work if you upgrade to 1.1.2 from 1.1.1 after having oktoprep installed since it needs a hole created to jailbreak it.

Dixit

Again you need to properly follow the guides, that Jailbreak link has a readme that states how to do it. Follow it properly and you will have no problem.

Dixit
    Does this guide work for OTB 1.1.2? Cuz i know and understand what to do. But when i go to downgrade it doesn't go through. It never finishes. There is always an error (5) at the end. I dont know if its because i'm on vista or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by morphiusrt View Post
    I will try this guide as i didn't know you'd have problems being on vista. And i didn't know that if ibrickr messed up you had to totally restart your computer. So i will give it another go at the end and see how well it works out. Although i'm still afraid of seeing the wall-o-text scrolling up my screen.