Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: black screen and mutiple errors when trying to restore

Default black screen and mutiple errors when trying to restore
    I have a 16gig iphone model# A1203
    I made the same mistake as others and upgraded to ver 2.0, I was following the steps listed here but when I tried to use bootnueter I woudl get error (5), I then ran iClarifieds erase 1.2 bootloader and rebooted the phone. I then followed the following instructions.
    11. Starts iTunes and put your iPhone into recovery mode again.

12. Restore to the original 1.1.4 fw.

13. When restored completely, go to the emergency dialling and press *3001#12345#*

14. Ensure that you see the version is 4.04.xx

15. If #14 is ok, close iTunes.

16. Go to PwnageTool.

17. Pwn your iPhone again usng original 1.1.4fw.

18. When rebooted, do the ipsw builder to custom 1.1.4 again.

19. when down, restore your iPhone using iTunes to the custom 1.1.4 fw.

20. You should see that the bootneuter should flash and unlock your iphone.

However when I used the custom 1.1.4 I received the message The iphone could not be restored. an unknown error occured (1015) I then did it again and received the error (160x) So I downloaded a new 1.1.4 ipsw file, it seems to have made my phone think it is an ipod now. (nice)
    The screen on my iPone is now black, when I get it to go into UDF mode (or i think its udf mode) and do a restore with 1.1.4 that I downloaded form here I get a few different errors half way through the install. I get error 4, 5 or 9. all the errors were seperat attempts to restore.
    The good thing is that when it starts to restore the screen flashes and I see the silver apple for about ten seconds.
    I was also able to pull this info: Bootloader ver 3.9M3S2 and Basband ver 04.05.04G
    I have been doing a lot of reading and have found no solution yet, hopfully someone here can point me in the correct direction.

Thanks

* an update *

I just tried using winpwn and created a custom ipsw file. I tried to pwn the phone and the screen lit up white. winpwn didnt finish, it just sat at "starting", so after ten min I closed it and just tried to restore with the custom ipsw file, it went for about five min and then gave me an error (1604)

Well a stroke of luck folks. I hooked the iphone up to my wifes computer and was able to restore it back to 2.0, from there I followed the instructions on downgrade back to 1.1.4 and this time it worked. The phone is back to normal.
    Last edited by Rings890; 2008-07-14 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Internet? . . . What the F**K is the Internet?

Thanks
    It's interesting that I've had some of the effects from the jailbroken 1.1.4 remain on my 8G iphone such as my name instead of the AT&T logo and the wallpaper from customize 2.0. Didn't understand why but oh well

Abe

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rings890 View Post
    I have a 16gig iphone model# A1203
    I made the same mistake as others and upgraded to ver 2.0, I was following the steps listed here but when I tried to use bootnueter I woudl get error (5), I then ran iClarifieds erase 1.2 bootloader and rebooted the phone. I then followed the following instructions.
    11. Starts iTunes and put your iPhone into recovery mode again.

12. Restore to the original 1.1.4 fw.

13. When restored completely, go to the emergency dialling and press *3001#12345#*

14. Ensure that you see the version is 4.04.xx

15. If #14 is ok, close iTunes.

16. Go to PwnageTool.

17. Pwn your iPhone again usng original 1.1.4fw.

18. When rebooted, do the ipsw builder to custom 1.1.4 again.

19. when down, restore your iPhone using iTunes to the custom 1.1.4 fw.

20. You should see that the bootneuter should flash and unlock your iphone.

However when I used the custom 1.1.4 I received the message The iphone could not be restored. an unknown error occured (1015) I then did it again and received the error (160x) So I downloaded a new 1.1.4 ipsw file, it seems to have made my phone think it is an ipod now. (nice)
    The screen on my iPone is now black, when I get it to go into UDF mode (or i think its udf mode) and do a restore with 1.1.4 that I downloaded form here I get a few different errors half way through the install. I get error 4, 5 or 9. all the errors were seperat attempts to restore.
    The good thing is that when it starts to restore the screen flashes and I see the silver apple for about ten seconds.
    I was also able to pull this info: Bootloader ver 3.9M3S2 and Basband ver 04.05.04G
    I have been doing a lot of reading and have found no solution yet, hopfully someone here can point me in the correct direction.

Thanks

* an update *

I just tried using winpwn and created a custom ipsw file. I tried to pwn the phone and the screen lit up white. winpwn didnt finish, it just sat at "starting", so after ten min I closed it and just tried to restore with the custom ipsw file, it went for about five min and then gave me an error (1604)

Well a stroke of luck folks. I hooked the iphone up to my wifes computer and was able to restore it back to 2.0, from there I followed the instructions on downgrade back to 1.1.4 and this time it worked. The phone is back to normal.

I'm having the same problem, my phone is in restore mode, I keep getting error 5 and it thinks my phone is and ipod (this is on a PC. I plugged it into my powerbook and after downloading itunes 7.5 I plug the iphone in and it won't show up. I'm stuck? any help?

dam apple and their 2.0 messup, lol, i think the best thing for anyone to do is the following:

when downgrading, put the phone in dfu mode, have it pluged in and itunes open, when the phone goes into dfu mode itunes should see it it will ask to restore the iphone, to downgrade, press ctrl shift, right click restore, and then let go of ctrl and then shift, you should be prompted to locate a .ipsw file, make sure u download 1.1.4 to the desktop or somewhere easy to locate and then select it when prompted. iphone should then begin to be restored, when the iphone comes back online it will ask to be plugged into itunes(of course it should still be plugged in, so ignore the iphone)....if the restore is successful itunes will throw and error 10xx ....it might say the iphone needs to be restored, well u just did so its fine, use a program like ziphone to kock it back into normal mode, or it may take u to ur home screen, or it may not, depends on what u did to the phone, you may need to leave it plugged into itunes for about 30 mins or less for it to finally process activation
    , if u get a 16xx u got a problem-try restore when itunes asks......if that fails take the ultimate action, take it to apple and have them try and fix it(most likely if u failed then they will fail because they will do exactly what i just ran thru, i know because i went in and got one of my iphones replaced for the same problem......be warned you may spend some time in the store waiting while they fix it......if ur lucky like i was, they will just give u a new unit activated and with 2.0 ......now all u got to do is wait for the dev team to release the hack(donate if possible)

hope this helps

"......if ur lucky like i was, they will just give u a new unit activated and with 2.0 ......now all u got to do is wait for the dev team to release the hack(donate if possible)"

Not sure what that means, but the iPhone Dev team explicitly says in their blog that they do not accept donations. So where ever you are "donating" is ripping you off. (or according to the iPhone Dev Team, "You are feeding their carck habit"."

Quote Originally Posted by cartman13 View Post
    "......if ur lucky like i was, they will just give u a new unit activated and with 2.0 ......now all u got to do is wait for the dev team to release the hack(donate if possible)"

Not sure what that means, but the iPhone Dev team explicitly says in their blog that they do not accept donations. So where ever you are "donating" is ripping you off. (or according to the iPhone Dev Team, "You are feeding their carck habit"."

i havent donated to anyone, i just thought id say it, i had no idea that they werent accepting donations, never heard of sucha thing but ok, rofl

Sucks here. Hey mate do u use 7.7 to downgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorPain View Post
    Sucks here. Hey mate do u use 7.7 to downgrade?

haha i only spent one day working on 1.1.4 and 2.0 up/down grades and problems, so i cant remember, but i do believe u use 7.7 to downgrade

if it fails then 7.5 is your best bet