Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: restore error 20. iphone keeps restarting. can't use iliberty+

I have the same problem like mp3province (the subject of this forum). I can't try the 10 seconds 2 DFU mode because my iPhone is restarting over and over after 5 seconds. I can't even turn it off. When I connect it to my PC, iTunes detects it. If I want to restore it to 1.1.4 I get the error 20. If I try to restore it to 2.0.1 I get no error, but it stops on "Waiting for iPhone...". No other application (ZiPhone, ibrickr, winpwn, etc) detects my iPhone.

Default itunes does not know where my library is?
    i remove my itunes and reloaded 7.5. I would like to keep 7.5. How do I tell it were my library is?

Quote Originally Posted by kama_andrei View Post
    I have the same problem like mp3province (the subject of this forum). I can't try the 10 seconds 2 DFU mode because my iPhone is restarting over and over after 5 seconds. I can't even turn it off. When I connect it to my PC, iTunes detects it. If I want to restore it to 1.1.4 I get the error 20. If I try to restore it to 2.0.1 I get no error, but it stops on "Waiting for iPhone...". No other application (ZiPhone, ibrickr, winpwn, etc) detects my iPhone.
    To those of you having this problem, you are not doing the correct procedure, trust me, the same thing has been happening to me, and I finally got it down. Follow these steps:
    1. Connect iphone to itunes (7.5). iphone shouldnt be in regular DFU mode.
    2. Keep itunes up. Shut down iphone.
    3. Hold power and home at the same time and let go of power after 10 seconds exactly, keeping your finger on home the whole time (no apple logo should show at anytime at these procedures, if so, u have not done this right, trust me it took a few times to make this happen)
    4. The screen should not light up, period, it will look like it is off
    5. Within 30 seconds (dont get impacient) itunes will say it needs to be recovered, then u go from there

If u run into error 1015, recover operation will pop up again, then install ur 1.1.4 firmware from there, and hopefully it will work from there.

Quote Originally Posted by xcelr8npimp View Post
    1. Connect iphone to itunes (7.5). iphone shouldnt be in regular DFU mode.
    2. Keep itunes up. Shut down iphone.
    3. Hold power and home at the same time and let go of power after 10 seconds exactly, keeping your finger on home the whole time (no apple logo should show at anytime at these procedures, if so, u have not done this right, trust me it took a few times to make this happen)
    4. The screen should not light up, period, it will look like it is off
    Hi all, I have the very same problem.

Can't continue after step 2 because iPhone does not shut down at all.

It was upgraded to latest firm 2.1 and I'm trying to recover it with a White iMac using Leopard.

THANKS for help.

PS.: Tried entering DFU after 10, 20, 30 or 40 second periods to no avail.

first i got error 20 then as per someone's instruction i did long hold of start button, it went in dfu mode, it started restoring then came another culprit that's error 1015 and now i dont know what to do.... Someone help plz

Finally I discovered the problem in my case; the ON/OFF button was broken.

I managed to unlock it and installed 2.1, but the problem was the button. It worked after several attempts once, but after that it was impossible to turn it off or even block the screen.

Smile I found the way of how to find the fix for the error 20
    Hi everybody,
    i feel you pain when this error occoured and your phone didn't restore and kept on saying error 20 on the iphone. The reason i was restoring was because my passcode screen wouldnt go away it kept on coming back. Well i've solved this problem.

1. You have to press home screen button twice so the music play button on top shows up.

2 select the play arrow

3.then go back to your passcode and type it

4. as soon as you've typed the passcode keep on pressing the home button then you'll be able to get into your home screen.

5. after that go to settings and disable the passcode lock

6. Now at this time when i haven't restored my iphone because i am not at my current computer but,i think if u restore it know it should work. I hope this has helped you guys.

please reply back if there is any other problem.

http://modmyi.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12