Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using my computer to update a friends iPhone to 2.0, will it erase his stuff?

Default Using my computer to update a friends iPhone to 2.0, will it erase his stuff?
    I have a friend who has an iPhone but isn't totally up on the whole 2.0 firmware thing, so I offered to update his phone for him. The 2.0 download is almost finished and I'm about to install, I just want to make sure that it isn't going to sync with my computer and make him lose all of his stuff. I know that the iPhone makes a backup every time it syncs, but that backup would reside on his computer. I'm not sure if when it backs up when I go to install on my computer, that it will copy all the photos and such over into the backup.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Edit: Actually iTunes just answered this for me. As I went to start the upgrade it said that upgrading to 2.0 will erase all your data, and it recommended that you sync with the computer that has all your media. It also said that only contacts, text messages, and other data would be saved. Videos, music and all other media would be lost in the upgrade.

There you have it, now someone else will know if they have the same question : P
    Last edited by Benz145; 2008-07-12 at 06:00 AM.