Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i searched and nobody seems to know how 2 downgrade back to 1.1.1 and stay

Default i searched and nobody seems to know how 2 downgrade back to 1.1.1 and stay
    i've search here and on the web and can't seem to find a guide that allows you to take a phone that was originally 1.0.1 or 1.1.1 then upgraded to 1.1.2 and go back down to 1.1.1 and stay. everything i can find explains how to downgrade the FW but from what i understand (if i'm right) that doesn't downgrade the Baseband which means you can't use it on 1.1.1. all the guides i've found tell you how to jailbreak it then OkToPrep and all that then go back up to 1.1.2 but that's not what i want. i wanna stay on 1.1.1.
    also, alot of guides i find talk about it and how to unlock the phone. i'm with AT&T so i've never messed with unlocking and i don't need to. the unlocking info in the how-to's just confuses me since i've never delt with it. also i thought i found what i needed but it was for a Mac and i'm PC so the software is different.

so....what i'm looking for is a how-to for a phone with AT&T service (no need to unlock) an old bootloader(3.9) that came with, we'll say, 1.1.1 and was updated with 1.1.2 and i wanna go back to 1.1.1 and use that FW and do it all with a PC not a Mac.
    can anyone please help me?????

Thanks

Stick with 1.1.2 instead of trying to make things hard for yourself. I can't think of any reason to stay on 1.1.1
    To live, you have to lie

Green Apple
    Thanks

search for a topic called how to virginize your phone there is a guide on this site some where that tells you how to virginize your phone ie downgrade the baseband

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DeL_R For This Useful Post:

bmx1 (2007-12-28)

Thanks

But then again, why do you want to?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by DeL_R View Post
    search for a topic called how to virginize your phone there is a guide on this site some where that tells you how to virginize your phone ie downgrade the baseband
    thanks for the help. i'll start looking for how to virginize it.
    thank you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmx1 View Post
    thanks for the help. i'll start looking for how to virginize it.
    thank you
    We'll see you back here when you screw up your baseband
    To live, you have to lie

*******i found what i was looking for.......... **********http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15669

thanks
    Last edited by bmx1; 2007-12-28 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost