Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Terrified: 1.0.1 to 1.1.2 upgrade process help!

Default Terrified: 1.0.1 to 1.1.2 upgrade process help!
    Heya everyone. I'll start out by saying that I did read many of the tutorials here (I used them to originaly unlock my 1.0.1 iPhone!) but I wanted to clarify what I'm about to do before diving headlong into it.

My 1.0.1 4 gig iPhone got corrupted this morning - I'm pretty sure I just ran it out of memory since I was downloading something from installer (after loading it to within a few megs of full this morning with new music) and it now boots, but seems to hang. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to restore tonight.

So, despite shying away from the upgrade (since I was mostly satisfied with 1.0.1 and figured I'd leave good enough alone) I figure I might as well do the upgrade now since I'm going to be into the nitty gritty tonight anyways.

So, I'm currently running 1.0.1, but want to go to 1.1.2.

The process as I seem to understand it is this:

1/ Restore my iPhone to a functional state again using 1.0.1. Reinstall SSH etc to make it accessable again, et all. I have the 1.0.1 restore file, so I'm all set there.

2/ Revirginize/relock under 1.0.1 using the tutorials here.

3/ Upgrade to 1.0.2? 1.1.1? 1.1.2?

Now, this is where things get fuzzy for me. Do I need to go through the firmware updates in steps...all at once...are there important steps in between?

Do I even need to go to 1.0.2 at all? Can I go straight from my virginized 1.0.1 to 1.1.2 and then follow the unlock procedure again to regain my unlock?

Before I mess anything up I'd sure appreciate some reassurances or guidelines to follow.

I did my original 1.0.1 unlock myself so I'm literate enough in that regard. I'm also a Mac user, so any software references would be appreciated.

Is there a tutorial here already for this process, by chance? I know of at least 5 others in my situation who are looking to do the same upgrade process, but like myself, are quite worried about the whole thing - a tutorial for those of us still languishing on 1.0.1 would be most helpfull!

Thanks everyone.

Mark
    Last edited by oshawapilot; 2007-12-27 at 07:23 PM. Reason: typo

you should be able to go straight to 1.1.1 jailbreak using appsnap (aka jailbreakme.com) then install oktoprep upgrade or update to 1.1.2 (very important do not click restore). i'm not sure after this step for mac users.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

do it mate you have nothing too loose, i bought a iphone today and i activated mine and jailbroke it straight out the box lol best think have every done, since i dont have to pay the stupidly high tariff rates the contracts charge, pay and go all the way baby..

if all does wrong not that it will you can always restore back to factory spec in itunes.

theres loads of guides and helpfull people on here if you ever get stuck.

i screwed mine up pretty bad and all i did was restored 1.1.2 and it all worked fine but i had to get back down to 1.1.1 which was a pain but didn't take to long.