Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.0 screwed up my phone!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 2.0 screwed up my phone!
    I downloaded the 2.0 firmware and tried to upgrade via itunes...Itunes said it couldn't restore due to an error, so I restored back to 1.1.4. But now, my contacts are all gone...all 200 something of them, with pictures too, 80 pictures gone, and I lost 600 songs. Whenever I try and sync my phone says syncing for all of 10 seconds, then stops...THEN itunes says syncing, but the phone isn't.
    What happened? Is there ANY way to get my contacts, pictures, and songs back? I'm not so much worried about the songs and pictures as I am the contacts. I put 50+ hours into getting them all in and situated. I've tried to restore twice now. PLEASE HELP!

if i were you i'd save my contacts to my email as well.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrtonyyx View Post
    if i were you i'd save my contacts to my email as well.
    A while back I believe I chose to sync it to outlook...Will they be saved?

You need to find the dir on your computer

Apple Computer > Mobile Sync > Backup

For me on Vista it is in Users > MyUsername > Appdata > Roaming

There should be backups of all devices synched recently with iTunes in here, Make a Backup of it so you have the data safe. What you will need to do is tell it to recover this backup data - This I am not sure how to do but I am sure someone else will have the answer.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

Green Apple
    Thanks

So i installed the latest 2.0...from itunes...
    Still no contacts or pictures...

cant wait for jailbreak for 2.0

If you have synced your contacts to your Outlook, you will be able to retrieve them by opening iTunes and Outlook and go to your iPhone under iTunes and click Info, then check (Sync contacts with Outlook). Then Click apply!

As for the pictures: They should have been loaded up as a back-up. I don't know what i would do with that situation.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexela112004 View Post
    If you have synced your contacts to your Outlook, you will be able to retrieve them by opening iTunes and Outlook and go to your iPhone under iTunes and click Info, then check (Sync contacts with Outlook). Then Click apply!

As for the pictures: They should have been loaded up as a back-up. I don't know what i would do with that situation.

Apparently, They never synched to outlook...the pictures i don't know what happened to them. But theyre not an issue. before I updated, I scanned them all to my computer.