Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ?'s before I jailbreak

Question ?'s before I jailbreak
    BEFORE I JAILBREAK MY IPHONE I WOULD LIKE SOMEONE TO PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS:

1)CAN IT BE REVERSED BACK TO ORIGINAL?
    2)WHAT EXACTLY DOES IT DO FOR ME?
    3)DOES IT ERASE ANYTHING THAT IS ALREADY ON THE PHONE?
    4)PLEASE TELL ME THE EASIEST WAY TO DO IT.

I JUST WANT TO ADD COOL LOOKING APPLICATIONS TO THE PHONE LIKE BACKGROUNDS, CHANGE THE ICONS, ISOLITARE, ISNAKE, GAMES, I WANT TO MOD THE HUD & THE SYSTEM SOUNDS. ITHINK THAT I NEED THIS JAILBREAK THING TO DO THAT. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG BEFORE I DO IT.

MY PHONE IS ACTIVATED WITH ATT AND I'VE BEEN USING IT FOR BUSINESS NOW FOR ABOUT 3 MOS.
    PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE. I ALSO LIKE THE GAS PUMP THING....
    THANKS.....
    EMAIL: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by thisisrandy81 View Post
    BEFORE I JAILBREAK MY IPHONE I WOULD LIKE SOMEONE TO PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS:

1)CAN IT BE REVERSED BACK TO ORIGINAL?
    2)WHAT EXACTLY DOES IT DO FOR ME?
    3)DOES IT ERASE ANYTHING THAT IS ALREADY ON THE PHONE?
    4)PLEASE TELL ME THE EASIEST WAY TO DO IT.

I JUST WANT TO ADD COOL LOOKING APPLICATIONS TO THE PHONE LIKE BACKGROUNDS, CHANGE THE ICONS, ISOLITARE, ISNAKE, GAMES, I WANT TO MOD THE HUD & THE SYSTEM SOUNDS. ITHINK THAT I NEED THIS JAILBREAK THING TO DO THAT. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG BEFORE I DO IT.

MY PHONE IS ACTIVATED WITH ATT AND I'VE BEEN USING IT FOR BUSINESS NOW FOR ABOUT 3 MOS.
    PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE. I ALSO LIKE THE GAS PUMP THING....
    THANKS.....
    EMAIL: [email protected]

Ok, first off - there are guides on this forum that will explain in detail how to jailbreak, just do a little searching for them.

1. Yes - a simply restore will put everything back to original.
    2. Allows you read/write access on the phone, or in other words allows you to install apps and all the other pretty things.
    3. As long as you sync your phone first, you can re-sync all your contacts, sms, etc. etc. back onto the phone when your done and you wont lose anything.
    4. Search - there are plenty of detailed guides on this site.

here's the updated guide, but yeah, try searching.

thanks guys, i know that the details are on this website somewhere, i'm just not that farmiliar with all of the terminology. and with all of the things that people post on these forums with problems and all im just not sure what works and wwhat don't for my situation. and the link that's given above doesn't work but thanks.... if you have another link please drop it on me...
    thanks again everyone