Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading from 2.0 to 1.1.4

im stuck where itunes wont even show my iphone and its in dfu mode and everything? help

i have done the forbidden 1.2.0 upgrade by accident too.
    i have followed the big boss guide and still "No Signal"
    (I am running iTunes 7.6 on a mac)

This is what I have tried so far:
    • DFU mode and restored to 1.1.4 two time to be sure (got the 1015 error)
    • ran independence 1.4 to get out of recovery mode
    • ran kZiphone and downgraded the basedband (reported successful)
    • ran pwnage. it pwned the phone no probs, then created the IPSW file, when i restored in iTunes using the custom ipsw file i get a 1604 error back.

So i DFU restored again to 1.1.4 using the original iphone firmware file
    • then ran iLiberty. This reported successful also
    • but still the "no service"
    • so i ran iClarified baseband downgrader in installer
    • said it was done
    • restored to 1.1.4 in itunes
    • unlocked with iLiberty (tried entire thing again with Ziphone)
    • still no signal

so i went through the whole process again
    • this time i tried boot neuter
    • it too reported successful
    • restore in itunes
    • no signal

what am i doing wrong
    is it itunes. should i be running 7.5
    if so what do i need to go from 7.6 to 7.5 on a mac

i know there are a million and one people asking about downgrading back to 1.1.4 but any help on this would be great

cheers

3. The Following User Says Thank You to noreds For This Useful Post:

abombombaby (2008-08-21)

I would try 7.5 because that is what the guides are saying. I'm giving it one more try to see if I can get it. I'm installing 7.5 right now.

I would also say that after you get the baseband downgraded, don't do a restore. Give that a try? Just an idea?

i tried before restoring too
    are you trying 7.5 on a mac. if so let me know if it works for you

Yah I am trying on a 7.5 on a Mac, just got done with putting commands into the Terminal...fun.

Also keep in mind that you have to have the Mobile Device Support from 7.7 because Software 2.0 changes the DFU Mode of the phone. And if you have the Mobile Device Support for 7.5 it will give you a 1600 error. I Think that is what I was doing wrong in the first place. But it sounds like you are past that part.

i never updated itunes to 7.7 in the first place.
    so i must not have the framework from it

if it works for you then i will copy your steps
    i could update to 7.7 then follow the downgrade to 7.5

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

@noreds - go to settings, general, about - and confirm that your baseband (Modem Firmware) is 4_04_05.

That didn't work...when I installed iTunes without the Mobile Device Support it was not even seen my iPhone is recovery mode or DFU Mode. I'm installing the iTunes the standard way now.

Ok, so I just did the restore after reinstalling iTunes...and got a 1015. I think what I was doing wrong was deleting iTunes from the app folder. If you just leave it there and run the terminal commands your gold.

noreds I will let you know if all works out after a little more effort here!
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2008-07-15 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Poseidon confirmed 04.04.04_G

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Mine is 04.04.05_G

Ok so I hate to say this, but I can't get iLiberty or Pwnage to get my phone out of recovery mode.

Ideas?

i had the same issue
    try using independence 1.4

nope independence 1.4 is not working either...hmmmm

itunes 7.5 wont show my iphone after uninstalling 7.7 help? it showed up to comp in dfu mode but itunes wont show it?

try reinstalling 7.5 and make sure that you install the Mobile Device Support. That happened to me too. Just doing a re-install of it worked out fine for me.

Now I'm stuck with a phone in recovery mode and can't get out! Grrr... I will try this at work.

install mobile device support from itunes 7.7?

Quote Originally Posted by ozzycruzer7 View Post
    install mobile device support from itunes 7.7?
    Yes The last step in the install process before it starting its process, there is a customize. I had read that you need to click that and then click that you should only install iTunes. I did that and iTunes did not even seen the iPhone.

I then had to reinstall iTunes 7.5 and then it saw my iPhone. Then put it in to DFU mode and got the 1015 error.

Just keep trying to uninstall and reinstall iTunes, also are you on a mac or pc?

ok i have 7.7 itunes on my macbook
    can someone tell me (step by step if possible) how i will downgrade to 7.5 itunes whilst keeping the mobile device support

Debating on whether to do this or just wait for the 2.0 break. Anyone know if you use ZiPhone (KiPhone) to downgrade the baseband, will a later upgrade to 2.0 work okay? (i remember reading warnings about ZiPhone doing something permenant).

Wondering if this will cause irreversible issues in the future....

Quote Originally Posted by noreds View Post
    ok i have 7.7 itunes on my macbook
    can someone tell me (step by step if possible) how i will downgrade to 7.5 itunes whilst keeping the mobile device support
    If you are using a Mac you want to open the terminal and use these commands one at a time. Do not move the iTunes app from the app folder, these will take care of it.

defaults write com.apple.iTunes StoreActivationMode -boolean NO
    defaults write com.apple.iTunes StoreGeniusMode -boolean NO
    killall iTunesHelper
    rm -r /Applications/iTunes.app
    rm -r /Library/Receipts/iTunesX.pkg
    rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes*
    sudo rm -r /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework

Quote Originally Posted by cartman13 View Post
    Debating on whether to do this or just wait for the 2.0 break. Anyone know if you use ZiPhone (KiPhone) to downgrade the baseband, will a later upgrade to 2.0 work okay? (i remember reading warnings about ZiPhone doing something permenant).

Wondering if this will cause irreversible issues in the future....
    No!!!!! You want to wait! I have spent about 9 hours or so trying to get back to 1.1.4 and am still having trouble but just about there.

DON'T DO IT!!
    Last edited by nickarodriguez; 2008-07-15 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast