Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck Jailbreaking OTB 1.1.2

Default Stuck Jailbreaking OTB 1.1.2
    Right, so I get to this point in the Jailbreak 1.1.2 guide:

[qoute]
    Next:

Quote:
    Step 2a: Jailbreak 1.1.1 on Unactivated iPhone
    *** NOTE: If your phone has been activated through iTunes, you can proceed to step 2b. ***

1. enter *#307# press call, now use the back button on the top of your screen to remove *#307# ,
    now enter 0 , press call, press answer, press hold, press decline. And you get to the contact
    list. And thereafter every time you push the homebutton you just slide the "emergency call"
    slide, then enter 0 , press call, press hold, press decline.

2. Push contacts, end call and you get called again, this time hit decline and you access one of
    menus with favorites, you can edit contacts, do a test ride on keyboard, take photos etc.

3. Now edit a new contact and type in "prefs://11" as web-address and "http://jailbreakme.com" as
    an additional URL.

4. When you tap "prefs://11" you can now select your favorite WiFi gateway.

5. Now press the home button and move the slider to the dial-pad.

6. Now you can go back to the contact list by Dialing 0, push call, then answer, then contacts,
    then hit the "http://jailbreakme.com" web address you typed in.

7. Scroll down to the bottom, click "Install AppSnapp". Safari will exit and you'll return to your
    springboard. Wait for the phone to reboot. You are now jailbroken. and are able to use
    Installer.app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/qoute]

And when I get to number 6, i click contacts but the iPhone does nothing.

Not a thing,

Any ideas!?

please! Help! Its a christmas present and id love to use this amazing bit of kit!

If i try the steps used to get into the prefs panel and instead select the website, i can view the site, i click the appsnapp installer, and it crashes back to the activate screen....
    then says firmware error and to upgrade to 1.1.1

Please!

Help!
    Last edited by renegadeandy; 2007-12-26 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just activate the phone then proceed through the guide, its much easier if your phone is active. And there should be no reason why u wouldnt have it activated.

how do i activate it, and what does that mean?

Im currently redoing the steps and am trying to kick the iphone outa the dfu mode with the cables and the itunes logo.

I have both a pc and mac, started using pc until this point, now try independance 1.3.1 and have loaded it ; it says : status - connected to iphone in recovery mode, but it never changes it etc.

How the heck do i kick it outa this mode!!!!

Thanks

Andy

If you read the guide very carefully you'll find out that you need to use either iBrickr or Iphuc to kick it out of recovery mode (it's the last part before having a jailbroken/activated, but not unlocked 1.1.2 OTB running 1.1.1 firmware).

Quote Originally Posted by The guide
    If you are running windows. Simply download iBrickr from www.ibrickr.com and run it, it will say something along the lines of "reboot iPhone". However, I wouldn't know, because it keeps crashing on me *grumble grumble*

If you are unlucky enough to be running vista, it almost definately will crash... alot. In fact, the only way to get it not to crash is to restart your computer and run iBrickr. Subsequent attempts before a restart will crash the program again.

If iBrickr still doesn't work, you'll have to get iPhuc from somewhere. I got it from iDemocracy by chance, so I'll lead you there. Also, I'll lead you there because in a few days, they'll have automated this process making this all completely redundant.

http://code.google.com/p/idemocracy/

just download idemocracy and there should be a program called "iphuc-jailbreak.exe" or something.

In iPhuc, type these commands:

cmd setenv auto-boot true

then

cmd saveenv

cmd fsboot

and it should reboot. Although, I recommend running iBrickr as each time you reboot, you'll need to keep typing in those commands.
    However, as the guide says - with Iphuc, you need to run it each time you reboot your phone (i.e. turn it off / on). Which isnt as bad as it sounds, I havent needed to reboot my phone for over a week.

The iBrickr website says it doesnt work with 1.1.1 and I haven't managed to get it to work with my downgraded 1.1.1 so there you go.Has anyone managed to use iBrickr on their OTB 1.1.2 downgraded to 1.1.1?

ibrickr worked with my OTB 1.1.2

I used this step by step guide with screen shots.
    Worked perfect
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=461

looks like a good guide - thing is, when i launch iBrickr, the background stays green and not red etc, meaning the iphone doesnt boot of return to the activate screen...

ok now i repeated from the start - it made the background red this time -> and now im at the appsnap dowload bit.

I click download appsnapp on jailbreakme.com and it crashes back to acivate screen - and sits there, for all eternity...

What am i doing wrong,.

Read that you may need to do it multiple times before it works, but ive now done it about 100 times yet still it just crashes to activate and never restarts.

It is OTB 1.1.2 if this makes any difference but had now been downgraded to 1.1.1
    Last edited by renegadeandy; 2007-12-26 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

have you tried this?
    this was state in the beginning of iClarified's guide

*NOTE** (Wednesday, December 20th, 2007 12:00):
    Here is a list of suggestions for those still having problems with the jailbreak server(Step 22). These suggestions have not been proven as it has always worked for me. However, they are still probably worth a try if the server is giving difficulty. If anyone has a suggestion to add then please let me know.
    - Try to do a hard reset on the iPhone and try again
    - Make sure you have a strong wireless signal
    - Try the jailbreak with your iPhone still connected to the computer and iTunes
    - Try using http://www.jailbreakme.com instead of http://jailbreakme.com
    - Disable wireless encryption on your network

trying to jailbreak my 1.1.2 OTB
    I got through all the steps- downgrade- prefs-etc. etc.
    download the appsnap and then nothing. phone goes back to the "slide for emergency" window.
    what do I do, or what can I do next?
    help!

Quote Originally Posted by thejoeny View Post
    download the appsnap and then nothing. phone goes back to the "slide for emergency" window.
    help!
    It should go back to the slide menu, Have you checked to see if installer.app is installed (installer icon on menu)....if so, this is were you will need to install ok2prep. If installer is NOT being installed, double-check to see if you are actually running version 1.1.1 (downgraded) cause if something goofed up you may still be on 1.1.2 and it wont work.

Quote Originally Posted by thejoeny View Post
    help!
    Just retry installing AppSnap till it works. I had to do a couple times.

I think there is server overload at jailbreakme.com, i unlocked few phones earlier today but now it wont take install. Any suggestions?

I just got lucky, i connected it to my pc and renew the ip on iphone and bingo.
    Last edited by DVB+; 2007-12-28 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

got it, finally did it by connecting the iphone to itunes at the same time.

new problem. I have downloaded just a few applications and the ihpone is complaining of low disk space left....

wtf!

anyone?