Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Oktoprep???

Default Oktoprep???
    Hi guys...

I'm quite the newbie here and have been following the really helpful threads and tutorials on this site to help me downgrade my new iphone from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1...however, "Oktoprep" keeps cropping up in and out of threads, and i would really like to know what it is?!

If someone could define such a silly question i would highly appreciate it! haha =]]

Thanks!

ok what happens. it does not let u install oktoprep if so u need to settings/General/Auto-lock/""""NEVER""""

Its just some program that gets your phone ready for an upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and jailbreak...

Thanks...now i finally know what i is!! haha
    But when i start downgrading the phone - i first Jailbreak, then follow the other steps, etc. - but is this Oktoprep software already installed in the iPhone OTB or is it something that during these tutorials, you have to download and install yourself??

Thanks guys...

oh wait..sorry! I've just read your thing again and you said it was software that preps your phone for UPGRADING from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2....

I should have read it carefully! :S

So this means i don't need to worry about Oktoprep if i'm just downgrading..?
    Last edited by coops03; 2007-12-26 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

The "oktoprep" is part in the installer app that you get at "jailbreakme.com. Once you get the installer, you open it scroll to the folder Tweaks1.1.1 (I think) and install "oktoprep".