Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help 1.1.1 wont jailbreak!!

Default help 1.1.1 wont jailbreak!!
    hello i recently purchased an iphone that came with 1.1.2. i did the tutorial to downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak and upgrade again and everything went fine but then while i was on 1.1.2 my installer app stoped working, it would try to open and just close even after restarting the phone. so i decieded to downgrade the phone to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it again but it wont work. i go to jailbreakme.com and click install appsnap and the safari window closes but thats all jailbreak wont install ive restarted/restored it numerous times but nothing happens. what should i do please help this was a gift for my wife

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

You can also use iDemocracy to jailbreak 1.1.1. Its a little longer process, but it works.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roly01 View Post
    hello i recently purchased an iphone that came with 1.1.2. i did the tutorial to downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak and upgrade again and everything went fine but then while i was on 1.1.2 my installer app stoped working, it would try to open and just close even after restarting the phone. so i decieded to downgrade the phone to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it again but it wont work. i go to jailbreakme.com and click install appsnap and the safari window closes but thats all jailbreak wont install ive restarted/restored it numerous times but nothing happens. what should i do please help this was a gift for my wife
    on 1.1.1 let iTunes detect your unactivated phone.. then visit jailbreakme.com
    it should work this way
    iPhone 1.1.2 8GB
    Orange/Cosmote RO.
    Fully functional!

Favorites: Categories, ShowTime Unlimited, CameraPro + crack , iSMS, Listen

...and don't forget the thanks button

4. The Following User Says Thank You to unixvik For This Useful Post:

hagerman (2007-12-30)