Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE - WINDOWS] Upgrading to 1.1.2 From 1.0.X or 1.1.1 [Tested W/ 2 iPhones]

Talking [GUIDE - WINDOWS] Upgrading to 1.1.2 From 1.0.X or 1.1.1 [Tested W/ 2 iPhones]
    First off - Merry Christmas Everyone! [Although I don't celebrate Christmas]

This is my first guide, so please don't complain =]. Anything you do is not my responsibility. You are using this guide under your own decision. I am not responsible for anything you do that may cause damage to your phone, internally or externally!

* This guide has been tested with 1.0.0 and 1.0.2 and I have gotten both phones upgraded to 1.1.2 with no problems whatsoever. Please read the instructions before attempting them, and ensure you do it all correctly! I know many guides are posted around the forum, but I have combined the methods of 3 guides in order to create this one, as none of the guides worked for me when I was upgrading, as I always received a "Invalid Sim Card" error.

--> How To Upgrade From 1.0.X to 1.1.2 <--

First, please download the following:

Version 1.1.1 Firmware

Code:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-3883.20070927.In76t/iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw
    Version 1.1.2 Firmware

Code:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-4037.20071107.5Bghn/iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw
    JailBreak.rar [4 Mirrors]

Code:
    http://sharebee.com/7de20ce3
    1) Start off by placing your iPhone in restore mode. You can do this by holding the power off button and the middle button. Release the power-off button when the iPhone restart, but keep holding the middle button until it says "Please connect to iTunes"

2) Ensure your iPhone is connected to your computer, and then pop up iTunes. Hold the shift key on your keyboard and press restore, and then select "iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw". Let it restore. This will take a few minutes. Be patient.

3) After that is complete, your iPhone will automatically restart. Your iPhone is now locked. Start off by sliding on the screen, and then dial "*#307#". Your phone will start vibrating. Then dial "1". Press the "Accept" button, and then press the "Hold" button. You will receive another call from "0". Press the "decline button". You are now at the contacts area of your phone!

4) Now, add a new contact. Name it whatever you want. Now tap on "Add New URL". Add the url "prefs://11" (without the quotation marks). Now, add another URL: "www.jailbreakme.com" (once again, without the quotation marks). Now, press on the URL that leads to "prefs://11". Press on "WiFi" and select your network. Then, go to "General", and then "Auto-Lock". Set that to "never". Now, tap the top of the screen where it says "Touch to return to call". Now, slide the iPhone, then repeat step #3.

5) Tap on the contact, and then tap on the URL "www.jailbreakme.com". Your web browser should access the site now. Scroll down the page and then tap on "Install AppSnapp". The browser should crash and return to the "Activate iPhone" screen. Now, wait a few moments and your iPhone should restart. Now, tap on installer, and then go to "sources". Tap on "edit", and then "add". Add the source "i.unlock.no" and tap "ok". It will now refresh your sources, so be patient. Now, head over to "All Packages", tap on "BSD Subsystem" and then tap on Install. After that, head over to "Install", tap on "Unlocking Tools" and then tap on "The Virginizer". Tap on "Install" and install it. Restart your iPhone.

6) Now, tap on Installer again, tap on "Unlocking Tools", then tap on "AnySim" and install. Then, press the home button and run AnySim. Let it unlock your phone. Now, tap on Installer, tap on sources, then tap "edit", and add the source "modmyi.com/installer.xml". Tap on "Install", then "Tweaks (1.1.1)", then tap on "OktoPrep" and install it. Connect your iPhone to your computer now and update it normally. PLEASE NOTE: If the latest version is above 1.1.2, hold shift and click on "Update" and then select "iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw". After this is done, restart your iPhone. It will appear locked again.

7) Now, go to the folder "Jailbreak", and run "windows.bat". Click on "jailbreak". Now be patient, as this will take a few minutes to complete. After this is done, your iPhone will restart a few times. Be patient, as this is normal. Afterwards, tap on "Installer", and then tap on "ModMyI.com", and install "anySIM 1.2.1u". Now, go to "settings", and turn on Airplane Mode. Press the home button and then tap on anySIM. Scroll down and tap on "Ok, unlock my phone". Now, this will take a few minutes, so be patient. After it's finished unlocking, turn off Airplane Mode, and then restart your iPhone. Congratulations.. your iPhone is now 1.1.2 and unlocked!

I suggest you take a look at: http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Lis...taller_Sources - Has some neat sources!

Final Results:

Please note: Ignore the signal level, I have bad reception in my area.

Thank You(s):

ReVan
    poetic_folly

Time Taken For Upgrading: 1 Hour 4 Minutes
    Last edited by D-TP; 2007-12-25 at 07:23 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to D-TP For This Useful Post:

Edser (2008-01-07), Leykis (2008-01-21), munjal (2007-12-25)

thanx. i just gotta ? i tried 2 unlock it befor n messed up my phone yesterday i went 2 apple n they replaced my phone with a new 1. but they gave me one that didnt have the activation screen on it. it goes str8 2 the home screen. it doesnt say slide for emergency or ne thing like dat. it says slide 2 unlock. how do i go about this process 2 jailbreak n use any type of carrier with my phone. the first time i tried 2 use anysim it messed up my phone but i didnt read step 1 of the process which says put the sim card im going 2 use n the iphone, i used da 1 hat was n da iphone wen i got it. help. if u can, can u email me at [email protected] please. do i need 2 put a new sim card in. or can i use this 1 that at&t gave me. i didnt activate it yet. i want tmobile

That means the phone has already been unlocked, so you can cut out the unlock process.

Skip part 1/2/3/4 and go straight to part 5. Start with (Now, tap on installer, and then go to "sources"), and then continue on from there. I won't email you as I prefer to post directly on the board. Could you please go to General -> About and tell me your iPhone version? Thanks.

Neat guide. Very simple and straight forward. Thanks!

Just for clarity, since I am already on an unlocked 1.1.1 (orinally an unlocked 1.0.2, virginized, then upgraded to 1.1.1), do I just follow step 6 and 7?

This is what I plan on doing:

1)Install OktoPrep
    2)Connect to iTunes and upgrade to 1.1.2
    3)Run the jailbreak.bat
    4)Install anySIMu and unlock

Any problems there?
    1st Gen iPhone 2.0 - Jailbroken and Unlocked on T-Mobile

If your iPhone is 100% unlocked and activated, then yes, your steps are fine. I had problems activating my iPhone at 1.1.1 as it kept saying "Please insert the correct sim card", so I had to virginize my iPhone to downgrade the modem version, then use anySIM and continue the steps, but if your phone is already unlocked and activated, then your steps should be just fine.

Let me know how it goes

oh wow, thanks ! sorry about the unneccessary PM i sent you, ignore it =P

Ugh, I manage to downgrade to 1.1.1 and activate and jailbreak using the normal method and add the source for "The Virginzer" However, it ALWAYS says "Main Execution Script Failed" while its flashing the baseband. This is where I'm stuck. Any ideas? I've tried everything
    Last edited by munjal; 2007-12-25 at 08:17 PM.

If your iPhone is unlocked/activated and working with your sim card, then skip that method. It's just that anySIM couldn't unlock none of my iPhones at 1.1.1 until I downgraded the modem firmware.

I like the simplicity of this guide the best, but if I am on native AT&T and just want a jailbroken 1.1.2 with installer.app (not unlocked), how do I modify this guide to my needs? Obviously I don't need to install AnySim, but do I still need to Oktoprep when Im on 1.1.1?

History: 8gb 1.0.X out of the box, upgraded to 1.1.1 when it was first released, downgraded to 1.0.2 and jailbroken.

you will need oktoprep still before going from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2
    and then you'll need to jailbreak it using jailbreak.rar
    then you'll be set! I've done this myself

Default Step 6: Update or Restore
    In Step 6 you say "update it normally". Do you mean Restore? If not, what do you mean by Update?

he means shift click update, not restore

restoring will wipe out everything you did in the previous steps

I have used Ibrkr while unlocking my iphone with 1.0.2 firmware. Does this upgrade to 1.1.2 work? I still have 1.0.2 firmware on my phone.

wen they gave me a new phone it said 1.1.2. now i want 2 use a tmobile sim card. will this unlock my iphone so that i can use my tmobile sim card or will i have 2 downgrade 2 use it? alot of post are sayin that there isnt a unlocking software for 1.1.2. yet? just makin sure. i dont want 2 mess up my phone again.

Sawy, I had firmware 1.02 when upgrading and my upgrades worked fine. Hazard, I'm not sure, I haven't directly tried upgrading at 1.1.2, I've only tried upgrading from 1.0.0/1.0.2/1.1.1.

Similar question:

I have a 4GB from mid-September that came w/1.0.0 OTB. I upgraded to 1.0.2 right away and Jailbroke the phone with iBrickr a long time ago, but NEVER unlocked it. (Installed AnySIM, but never ran it.)

I have since made a lot of customizations/personalizations and installed a bunch of 3rd party apps.

I would like to move up to 1.1.2 (or at least 1.1.1) for the supposed speed and other improvements, but will I lose all those customizations (...and contacts, messages, e-mail account settings, etc.) when I upgrade ("restore") to 1.1.1 in step 2 of this guide?

How about the 3rd party apps?

Side note: What about Summerboard--does it work on 1.1.1 or 1.1.2? (I really like that vertical scrolling and would hate to see it go.)

Thanks.

when do i put in my new tmobile sim card. before the steps or rite befor i hit ok 2 unlock my phone?

hey, great guide, i was just at the part where i updated to 1.1.2 and ran the jailbreak.rar, it loaded all the files in and restarted my phone but the screen is stuck at the black screen with the silver apple logo. It doesnt respond to any buttons being pushed and dont know what to do, bought it from apple with 1.1.1 otb so i dont have to worry about the 1.1.2 otb troubles. The phone was dg to 1.0.2 when i bought it and im running rogers sim card which is non att from canada. ne suggestions?

hey dude im from dubai as welll my is haseeb
    great guide dude
    but i need some other help wid my iphone i hope u can help me thx
    ill post later the probs

just like the other guy said. i cant virginize my iphone. it says main script failed. i got a otb 1.1.2., 4.02.13 g. i dont kno what bootloader i have. like i said i had a iphone befor this & i messed it up n took it 2 apple a couple days ago n they gave me this 1. i downgraded 2 1.1.1., jailbroken, activated, i just need it unlocked. will this guide help me? will anysim 1.2.1. work for me?

Default does this guide include virginizing iphone
    this looks like a really great guide, but I'm just wondering if I can use this guide exactly as shown with an unlocked 1.0.2 iphone? I unlocked it via the ibrickr unlock.pxl method and now I would like to upgrade firmware. Can I use this guide with the unlocked 1.0.2 iphone? Does this guide assume that you have virginized the 1.0.2 or does it include the virginizing. Thanks in advance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast