Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: messed up some where Whole Upgrade Process

Unhappy messed up some where Whole Upgrade Process
    Hi guys,

I hope someone can help me because I am been trying to upgrade my Iphone from 1.0.2 to 1.1.2

This is what I had done before I went for initial upgrade.

1. Downloaded Virginizing app and virginized
    2. Downloaded 1.1.1 firmware
    3. Dowloaded JailBreak 1.1.2

4. UPDATED my firmware through Itune

5. Downgrade to 1.1.1 as instructed on the following site..

6. I run Jail Break 1.1.2

then i went on performing *#307#* process till i added both URLs (prefs://1f & jailbreakme.com) and enabled my wifi.

7. I went to jailbreakme.com and installed the app. rebooted my iphone.

I am still getting ACTIVATE my IPHONE and when i slide it still shows me EMERGENCY CALL screen

now i dunno what to do.. please help me guys...

ok, your doing all the steps, but not in the right order. First thing,after you downgrade to 1.1.1 that's when you do the *#307# method to jailbreak. After that install oktoprep, then UPDATE to 1.1.2. Finally, run the 1.1.2 jailbreak.

Jordan
    1.1.2 Jailbroken

oh ok.. whats install oktoprep?

itune gives me option of Restore and Update ,, not just update.. isnt it if i restore or update i would lose all the setting?

please clear this to me please..

the problem is after i enable wifi and run jailbreakme .. it doesnt lead me to any where and after boot it keep on saying ACTIVATE IPHONE.. and emergency dial comes out.. thats all so i cant download okprep etc...

can anyone tell me step by step please
    Last edited by sameer1977; 2007-12-24 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

oh ok.. whats install oktoprep?

You get that application AFTER you jailbreak post 1.1.1 and pre 1.1.2. The app comes with the installer you get from jailbreakme.com. You get there during the *#307# proceedure.

I would suggest you take a look at the extremely well documented guides the fantastic people have provided free of charge. There are guides that can walk you through each step from 1.0.2 all the way to 1.1.2.

Take a look at this one:

http://http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Getting_Started_iPhone_Modding_OS_X_current

I have found these guides invaluable and the people here are always willing to help those who have made the effort to help themselves. Many are younger than the students I teach and 99% of them are credits to their generation.
    Last edited by taylorcold; 2007-12-24 at 01:51 AM.

I thank you for your reply. I have windows.. not MAC.. what would I use instead of INdepence? the guide is for MAC too

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sameer1977 View Post
    I thank you for your reply. I have windows.. not MAC.. what would I use instead of INdepence? the guide is for MAC too
    Hello Smeer __ Do not try to do anything just yet ! CHECK Your modem firmware and see what it is ...! only then u can proceed without messing the phone up ..

1.0 and 1.0.1 firmware came with 03.12.08_G modem firmware.
    1.0.2 firmware came with 03.14.08_G modem firmware.
    1.1.1 firmware came with 04.01.13_G modem firmware.
    1.1.2 firmware came with 04.02.13_G modem firmware.

Check ur firmware --- and email me -- will guide u in the right direction ( i use windows )

HEY jayc,

thanks for the tip.. i had restored my phone by iphone so rightnow its

1.1.2 firmware came with 04.02.13_G modem firmware.

i will downgrade it to 1.1.1 does that mean it would be then?

1.1.1 firmware came with 04.01.13_G modem firmware.

hey jayc.. i have downgraded my phoen now to 1.1.1 by SHIFT RESTORE thign in itune.. so i am back to square one i think.. i checked my iphone by

*3001#12345#* in dialpad.. whats next?

hey Jayc.. although I downgrade my firmware to 1.1.1 (by making through SHIFT+RESTORE) in ITUNE the firware version is still 04.02.13_G
    Last edited by sameer1977; 2007-12-24 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I had the same firmware version as you are (1.0.2) and now have an unlocked iphone with 1.1.2 firmware on Rogers wireless (Toronto). The first thing you did wrong is downgrading. You did not need to do that since you started from 1.0.2 firmware. You've also missed a lot of steps like running Oktoprep after a successful jailbreak and unlock at the 1.1.1 stage. Oktoprep as the name implies, preps your 1.1.1 firmware for a 1.1.2 upgrade. The only safe way I can suggest for you now is to use Baseband Downgrader (Unlocking Tools). You can get that by adding i.unlock.no in your sources from Installer. Then you have to start from scratch. Do your hacking on a Mac. You will also need anySIM 1.2.1u for the final 1.1.2 unlock (from Installer source modmyi.com). Good luck and don't brick that phone.

MAN I m been led by a wrong person.. i had no moood to upgrade it but thanks to this guy i end up with a useles apple iphone set now.. since 5 days i had tried all the things.. but its not happening. NOR ANYONE HELP ME here (from modmyi team) just want to thank some people who gave me their suggestions..

I cant install anything because i cant goto homescreen.. i am stuck on ACTIVATING SCREEN thats all.. i had done what i had mentioned up..

this jerk friend of mine saying to to OKPREP and i dunno what that is..

MAN I m been led by a wrong person.. i had no moood to upgrade it but thanks to this guy i end up with a useles apple iphone set now.. since 5 days i had tried all the things.. but its not happening. NOR ANYONE HELP ME here (from modmyi team) just want to thank some people who gave me their suggestions..

I cant install anything because i cant goto homescreen.. i am stuck on ACTIVATING SCREEN thats all.. i had done what i had mentioned up..

this jerk friend of mine saying to to OKPREP and i dunno what that is..

i am thinking to get nokia now..
    Last edited by sameer1977; 2007-12-25 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Don't worry Buddi I got You ! don;t worry we will do everything on pc..
    Last edited by jayc7176; 2007-12-25 at 09:51 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jayc7176 For This Useful Post:

sameer1977 (2007-12-26)

My phone is finally fixed and running.. Thanks to my friend Jayc7176 who bare me for 3 or 4 hours and complete solved my problem. If i was going to do it alone, it would take me more than 10 hours..

Thanks Jayc7176... cant see normally coz of only 3 hours sleep..lol