Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trying to upgrade back to unlocked 1.1.1

Default Trying to upgrade back to unlocked 1.1.1
    My iPhone crashed on me a few nights ago and I finally got it to restore using 1.0.2 FW and unlocking it using Anysim but I'm unable to get the 1.1.1 FW to reload on it which is what the phone originally came with. I have revirginized the baseband to go and do a Shift+Restore in iTunes choosing my 1.1.1 FW ISPF file and it keeps giving me and unknown error (1) saying the iPhone cannot be restored. It works fine with 1.0.2 FW though what should I do? Also I cannot get my YouTube to work either I've tried using PACAY and it says it works and I restart leaving the phone off for 30 seconds restart and still get the message cannot connect to YouTube. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PontiacRacing_06 View Post
    My iPhone crashed on me a few nights ago and I finally got it to restore using 1.0.2 FW and unlocking it using Anysim but I'm unable to get the 1.1.1 FW to reload on it which is what the phone originally came with. I have revirginized the baseband to go and do a Shift+Restore in iTunes choosing my 1.1.1 FW ISPF file and it keeps giving me and unknown error (1) saying the iPhone cannot be restored. It works fine with 1.0.2 FW though what should I do? Also I cannot get my YouTube to work either I've tried using PACAY and it says it works and I restart leaving the phone off for 30 seconds restart and still get the message cannot connect to YouTube. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
    Did you put the phone into DFU mode (hold power and home for 10 seconds, release power but keep pressing home for a further 10 seconds)?

Otherwise, when all else fails ...... try doing a restore in iTunes (just restore, not shift-click restore) then start the whole downgrade, jailbreak, upgrade, yada, yada cycle again.

Yes I did put the phone into DFU mode and still cannot get it to upgrade. I tried doing a regular restore not the Shift+Restore like you suggested and it says iTunes is downloading an update but shorty after it fails and iTunes crashes. Is my iTunes maybe corrupt and need to be upgraded? What version of iTunes works best for an unlocked iPhone that people seem to have the most success with? Thanks again guys