Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My iPhone keeps turning itself off !!

Default My iPhone keeps turning itself off !!
    hi everyone @ MMI

I'm having a problem with my iPhone . When my phone goes to sleep (either with the sleep button or from the auto lock) it turns itself completely off after a couple of minutes .

I bought my phone in Jan'08 with 1.1.2 firm and upgraded to 1.1.4 . I jailbroke it using ZiPhone . Last Thursday the battery died out on me , so I docked it on my cpu . When i took it off a little while later the screen started flickering and kept sending me to the "slide to power off" screen . Anyways i reset the phone a billion times and i restored it without backing it up and restoring it as a new phone . I even restored it from DFU mode . I"m still having this problem . I think i have to bring it into the apple store but from what i read in these forums , the Ziphone jailbreak changed my baseband/bootloader(?) and they will find out and that will void my warranty right ?

Any help or advice would be appreciated . Thank you in advance
    Last edited by seanboogie; 2008-07-07 at 04:13 AM.

Default Update
    My phone is still on the fritz !! Its gotten to the point where sometimes it wont reset by holding home and sleep . Sometimes i have to dock or plug the phone in to get it to reset and turn back on .

Ok .. So I jailbroke my phone again using wnpwn and I upgraded the baseband back to 4.6 using bootnueter . Then I restored it again and set up as a new phone . Is there anything else I should do before I bring it back to apple ? Your help is greatly appreciated !! Thank you

pls am having dis problem too.
    my phone keep shutting off n coming back on every 3 secs.Pls help

efizzy i took my phone back to apple and they gave me a "new" iphone right on the spot. he did take it in the back for a moment to do a "battery test" but then came back with a replacement phone in hand . it was great cuz my old iphone was a little beat up and now this one is perfect .. plus i uprgraded to 2.0 and its all good.

so if its still under warranty i would take it back efizz .

hope all goes well

Let me get this straight... you took your jailbroken iPhone to the Apple store and they gave you a new one?