Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone carphonewarehouse insurance issue with jailbreaked phone..

Default iphone carphonewarehouse insurance issue with jailbreaked phone..
    Hi guys,

Ok i will cut to the chase..

I like many other 10000's of people pounced on the 169 iphone offer at the cpw and 02 stores etc..

I bought mine from the cpw ....but they made me take out insurance due to the low availability of the handsets..

I then went home...bypassed the activation process using iliberty and am now using my current orange contract sim in the handset ...

everything was working hunky dory..however a tine horizontal line of dead pixels appeared in the top left of the handset which just covered the operator logo so was barely noticeable...

However this line is getting longer each day and is now covering most of the top of the phone....

It looks as if this problem is going to get worse...

So i just wondered if anyone else was also forced into taking out insurance at the time of purchase...and if so, have they been able to make a successful claim on it even though it is jailbreaked...(i know i can easily restore the phone to out of the box settings using ilibertys reverse function, but its going to look a bit strange when i take it back into the shop and say that i have never activated it )....

are there any other options available to me? will it bve covered under apple warranty?

any help would be greatly appreciated...as i have only had the phone about a month

Also, I just did a warranty lookup on the apple site :-

2. Warranty information about your iPhone
    Our records indicate this product has not been activated. Learn how to activate your iPhone. Please note that warranty service is not dependent on activating your iPhone. For more information, please contact us.

If you believe that this information is inaccurate, learn how to update your coverage status. Please put your sales receipt in a safe place. You will need it for warranty validation.

Extend your service and support coverage for your product with the AppleCare Protection Plan.

Visit the iPhone support page.

Enter another serial number

obviosuly as i havent activated, will i still have the warranty?!?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

RESTORE and take back to Apple for warranty.

One thread per question please. Help us keep MMi spam free.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    RESTORE and take back to Apple for warranty.

even though it hasn't officially been activated? and shows as such on the apple site?

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    One thread per question please. Help us keep MMi spam free.
    apologies!
    Last edited by macattack; 2008-07-06 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost