Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: trying to fix a friends iphone and need help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default trying to fix a friends iphone and need help
    ok my friend gave me his iphone to fix. The problem is his imei is 0049. his baseband is 4.02 which is the baseband for firmware 1.1.2. Can I still virginize this baseband and fix his seczone? all the guides i've seen for virginizing are for baseband 4.01. also i can't seem to get wifi working it's greyed out so the phone seems really messed upplease help if you can.
    x-kid is online now Add to x-kid's Reputation Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Thanks

Put the phone in DFU mode, or hold the top and home button and let go of the top and keep holding the home until it shows up to iTunes in restore mode, hold shift(PC) or option(Mac) and select the 1.0.2 firmware file to downgrade then downgrade the baseband, guides are here, and then virginize and update.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for the reply. i've already dfu restored to 1.0.2. all the guides i've seen to downgrade the baseband uses wifi. everytime i restore i never seem to have wifi it's always greyed out.

Thanks

Have you tried 1.1.1, and see if you can use the wifi?

try using iBrickr to jailbreak it and install BSD SubSystem and MobileTerm. from there use ieraser and bbupdater to reflash the baseband.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yea still no wifi with 1.1.1. beanoguy, i'll try and see if i can figure it out doing it your way. do you have a guide i could look at