Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need help

Default need help
    hello I'm new to the iPhone, just bought it last week. Can anyone help me in downloading apps? I'm use to my motoq9 were there's a button to press for downloads.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

first step = read around the forums
    2nd = find a good jailbreaking tutorial
    3rd = get installer.app installed on your firmware of choice
    Bonus (firmware overview):
    1.0.0 the release firmware
    1.0.1 first upgrade...never used nowadays
    1.0.2 second upgrade...any baseband works rarely used by people scared to upgrade
    1.1.1 third upgrade... new baseband indroduced Wifi Music Store, still seen around about as frequently as 1.0.2
    1.1.2 fourth upgrade... new baseband all the good modders are on this firmware

quick baseband overview: basebands allow your phone to make and recieve calls and send and recieve text messages...pretty much the make the "Phone" part of the iPhone work. Basebands automatically upgrade when you upgrade through iTunes but do not automatically downgrade when downgrading through iTunes. However it is still possible to do this manually.

Lastly, all new 1.1.2 iPhones are launching with a new bootloader meaning that the baseband cannot be downgraded and that your iPhone cannot be unlocked.

All that being said, here is my guide. Use the 1.1.2 OTB (stands for Out of Box) Guide and post any and all questions you have in the thread and I'll answer them asap.

Sorry man but the iPhone isn't going to be nearly as easy to mod as your motoq9
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.