Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i dont know where to start, pls help me update my iphone

Default i dont know where to start, pls help me update my iphone
    i have an unlock iphone 1.1.2 but its not out of the box aka (OTB),
    my iphone has been burried down in my closet for awhile, i think the last time i touched it when it was dec.2007 i think, so my iphone is pretty much out of date, ive decided to use it again for some reason, but first of all i wanted to uptade it to the latest features and latest firmwares before i could use it but i really dont know where to start, im afraid that i might messed up my iphone because this things are extremly expensive LOL. . .

any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Soon as you plug it into iTunes, you're going to get a message saying do you wish to update to the latest firmware version. Just download and install. Once that's done, there's several programs which can jailbreak/unlock/activate it, Ziphone, iLiberty, Pwnage.

Simple.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

But you might have some troubles if you update your unlocked firmware through iTunes as an update, and not as a restore.
    Have a read about WinPwn (Pwnage), iLiberty. I don't recommend ZiPhone, but am mentioning it none the less.
    Come back with your questions after you do some search on these items (it will pay off, believe me).

Upgrading from 112 unlocked is fine. It wont hurt anything.