Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OTB Bl 4.6 Downgrade????

Exclamation OTB Bl 4.6 Downgrade????
    Hey, I have a otb iphone bl 4.6. Is there anyway I can downgrade the phone and its bootloader to try and unlock it that way? Please help

Thanks

Nope, bootloader can only be updated, right now there is no software unlock and things arn't looking good, at least until Apple drops 1.1.3, when they do theres a chance we can unlock, for now TurboSIM or StealthSIM is the way to go.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

dlubbat (2007-12-19)

Thank you so much! that helped a lot! Thanks for the info!

Thanks

No problem, glad to help out.

Default 1.1.3 otb possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Nope, bootloader can only be updated, right now there is no software unlock and things arn't looking good, at least until Apple drops 1.1.3, when they do theres a chance we can unlock, for now TurboSIM or StealthSIM is the way to go.
    Hi, i'm very curious since I've just got my 16gb iPhone. Unlockin with TurboSIM means to have everything including all native apps running? For now I don't need any jailbreak apps but I'll be having a fully functional iphone with only TurboSIM

thanks in advance

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by igocancun View Post
    Hi, i'm very curious since I've just got my 16gb iPhone. Unlockin with TurboSIM means to have everything including all native apps running? For now I don't need any jailbreak apps but I'll be having a fully functional iphone with only TurboSIM

thanks in advance
    TurboSIM doesn't really unlock the phone at all - by that I mean that if you take out the TurboSIM, you still have a locked phone. To make a TurboSIM work you have to jailbreak the phone first.
    iPhone 3gs, running 4.2 Greenp0is0ned
    iPad 32Gb, running 4.2 Grrenp0is0ned

Default Now i see
    Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    TurboSIM doesn't really unlock the phone at all - by that I mean that if you take out the TurboSIM, you still have a locked phone. To make a TurboSIM work you have to jailbreak the phone first.
    So I can have the latest turbosim but if it isn't jailbroken it wont do anygood?? Is that the idea?

So....how in earth am i supposed to jailbreak my iphone? As far as i know 1.1.3 otb is merely impossible since the guy who was kicked by iphone dev team released the source for the baseband downgrade and they are going to let him alone do it...which they say he can't...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by igocancun View Post
    So I can have the latest turbosim but if it isn't jailbroken it wont do anygood?? Is that the idea?

So....how in earth am i supposed to jailbreak my iphone? As far as i know 1.1.3 otb is merely impossible since the guy who was kicked by iphone dev team released the source for the baseband downgrade and they are going to let him alone do it...which they say he can't...

Try this http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25695
    iPhone 3gs, running 4.2 Greenp0is0ned
    iPad 32Gb, running 4.2 Grrenp0is0ned