Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help Me!!!...iphone Crisis!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Please Help Me!!!...iphone Crisis!!!
    ok for the iphone guru that is going to help me let me tell you from the beginning what happened. a friend of mine gave me a iphone that he used with att n t to put anysim on the phone beacuse he switched to t-mobile. he didnt tell me that he originally had version 1.0.2. on the phone and that he had installer already on the phone but took it off using ibrikr. he gave me the phone and i messed up by syncing the phone with itunes, and putting the most up to date version 1.1.2. on the phone. but now not only is the phone completley erased (as far as music and good things like that) everytime i open ibrickr to downgrade the firmware 1.1.2. to 1.0.2. it tells me to wait 3-4 minutes or 10 minutes the maximum and if it doesnt work then disconnect the iphone, shut down ibrickr and try again..........well after 6-10 times what happens is after i do that the phone either goes into this freaky script mode to where it shows scripts up and down the screen, shuts off then shows the apple logo, then does it again!! or i have to go into itunes and keep unrestoring the phone and putting the new firmware on, and it seems like im going in circles, because it does that same exact thing over and over again. when i get the new firmware on it it has the slide for emergency screen and says insert simcard and itunes says the phone cannont connect to itunes until i have a appropriate simcard (which it just got today) and on top of that i gave him my iphone to use till i was done..............its monday!! he gave it to me on saturday!!!..........i want my phone back!! but i need help to get him good to go...........please help....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Put the phone in DFU mode.
    Hold both power and home button . when the gray apple appears release JUST the power button.
    Then in DFU mode try to restore to 1.0.2 using iTunes.
    iPhone 1.1.2 8GB
    Orange/Cosmote RO.
    Fully functional!

Favorites: Categories, ShowTime Unlimited, CameraPro + crack , iSMS, Listen

...and don't forget the thanks button

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

didnt work need help still...........

it didnt work. i tried that but i didnt work. right before it downloaded it said error could not perform
    Last edited by SDOT; 2007-12-19 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i have same problem and it doesnt work for me either....

got the same problem... i cant restore my firmware to 1.1.2 or 1.0.2

ok let me clear this thing ok... i turn on my iphone, and hold power and home bottom till grey apple appears, than i release power bottom, still hold home bottom right? and than what, let iphone boot again?

Thanks

hold the power and home button until it asks for you to connect it to itunes, you'll know from the icons and if you're trying to restore it to 1.0.2 firmware you should download that firmware and shift+click the update/restore button in itunes to choose the file or else itunes will try ti update to 1.1.2 for you

and for how long i should hold down these bottons. i did it for like 3 minutes and... nothing... i got gray apple, black screen, gray apple, black screen and thats all, after that black screen

Thanks

typically takes about 30 seconds or more , make sure its connected via usb and itunes is open, it'll detect that the iphone is in restore mode (btw when you're holding both down, after a little while you should see icons on your iphone telling you to connect your iphone to itunes)

you see i cant see anything why

Because you are NOT putting it into DFU mode correctly...

1. HOLD DOWN POWER and HOME BUTTON
    2. WAIT until the screen on your PHONE goes BLANK then RELEASE the POWER BUTTON (TOP) but continue to press the HOME BUTTON
    3. around 30 secs. you should see on ITUNES that your Phone is in RECOVERY MODE
    4. Continue on to RESTORING...

If you are still having problems, I would advise a SEARCH of the forums for downgrading your phone....
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!

Green Apple
    Thanks

easiest way to put iphone in DFU mode:
    turn it off
    while HOLDING the home button insert it into it`s dock.
    it will auto power up... keep holding the home button untill that plug appears.

ps. if iTunes can't restore to 1.0.2 use ibrickr and press the downgrade to 1.0.2 firmware button. iPhone`s screen will turn white... then shift+restore to 1.0.2
    iPhone 1.1.2 8GB
    Orange/Cosmote RO.
    Fully functional!

Favorites: Categories, ShowTime Unlimited, CameraPro + crack , iSMS, Listen

...and don't forget the thanks button

ok i got my iphone on with 1.1.2v on. now i have to unlock it again somehow... thanks everyone