Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.2 OOB/OTB Jailbreaking

Smile 1.1.2 OOB/OTB Jailbreaking
    Hi all,
    Before i begin, i would just like to say how wonderful and great this website/forum is. It has really given me fantastic advice, and has helped greatly in my decision making, to get an iPhone.

Cheers to all members/ and admins in ModMyI.com!

I'm currently a little confused, as after going through all the different threads on how to unlock the iPhone, i have realized that no one has stated clearly whether when Jail Breaking the OOB 1.1.2 iPhone, does the sim card need to be in the phone.?

If yes, which sim card? The ATnT one that came with the phone, or my own personal sim card, or my personal sim card with Stealthsim!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Btw, once i get my iphone working with stealthsim, i will definitely post back on whether it works. I've read that some had difficulty using it with 128K sim card. http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21563
    I'll be using a 3G, GSM, 128K sim card, so if it works, that would be great!

Once again, thanks in advance!

Just leave the AT&T SIM card in while youre jailbreaking the phone.

So you cant just the StealthSIM etc until youre jailbroken and activated.

1.1.1 OOB,
    downgrade to 1.1.1, then do the normal jailbreak procedure thru jailbreakme.com...
    Then thru installer run OktoPrep and you have to UPGRADE back to 1.1.2. This is done by SHIFT CLICKING the update button NOT restore. and selecting the 1.1.2 file that should be saved on your comp.
    Then, once thats done you have to install the jailbreak 1.1.2 from conceiteds website from the comp while your phone is connected thru the USB cable. make sure to install SSH too by clicking the checkbox. Once thats done, youre done. Then stick in your stealthSIM/unlocking SIM and youll be good

Incase you have doubts, StealthSIM does work Because I have it on my 1.1.2 OOB phone

Next time, try what this kitty did and search .

There are TONS of threads out there explaining how, youll be able to figure it out, you just have to work for it like I did

Thanks very much!
    However i did do much searching before posting, and i couldnt find anything.
    Sorry.