Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Re jailing iphone

Default Re jailing iphone
    whats up yall, been readin this forum for a while but just decided to register. I just have a quick question. I recently jailbroke my iphone on my laptop not realizing that the phone would therefore be registered to that computer. i idealy would like my phone to be jailbroken, and registered to my desktop. i am hesitant to restore the phone as i am worried that i might brick it. is there a way to re virginize or jail my phone temporarily allowing me to restore my phone on my desktop and re jailbreak it from there.

thanks a lot and happy holidays

-jmk2012

EDIT: forgot to mention, on mac OSX 10.5 using itunes 7.5 on a jailbroken 1.1.2 iphone
    Last edited by jmk2012; 2007-12-13 at 05:09 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

what do you mean by 'register'?
    do you just mean to sync it to your desktop instead of your laptop?

you can just plug it in to your desktop and create a new phone profile to sync it,
    no need restore...

i might be misunderstanding your question though...?

sorry to be so vague, i jail broke it on my laptop, causing it to be synced to my laptop which has none of my contacts or music etc. when i plug my phone into my desktop itunes it states that it is not registered to the desktop and would i like to register it by restoring. hope that helps

Thanks

I've never seen that - I've used my iphone on both my laptop and my desktop.
    did you activate through itunes ever?

yeah, well like other apple products ie iPods they are only allowed to be registered to one comp to prevent taking music from a friends comp for instance. I will just ask a simpler q then, is there a way that I can just re jail my iPhone, removing any trace of jailbreaking it

Thanks

all of the apple products I have ever owned, I have been able to use on multiple computers. The way apple stops you from sharing music illegally is by preventing you from taking the songs from the player to the computer.

I just went and synced my iphone with my boyfriend's computer - which I had never even connected to before. So it without a doubt works for me. That is why I was asking you if you had activated through itunes before....
    are you on a pc or a mac? I'm on a mac, maybe it makes a difference.

either way, there really is no need to be rude.

I sincerely appologize did not mean to come off as being rude.

Thanks

i just saw that you said you were on a mac...so i really don't see why it wouldn't work,
    since I've synced mine with 3 computers now!

if you really want to try it i know independence has a button to re-jailbreak your phone, but i've never tried it, or known anyone to try it. I don't see how that would help you though...??

hey, can you take a screen cap of the screen that you are seeing, jsut so i can see it for myself?

heres a screen shot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -itunesscreen.jpg  

Thanks

that warning is just asking you if you want to erase the content of the phone,
    not restore the firmware - if you hit 'erase and sync' it will just erase the movies and music that you had synced it with on your macbook and replace it with what you've told it to sync on your desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by annaj View Post
    that warning is just asking you if you want to erase the content of the phone,
    not restore the firmware - if you hit 'erase and sync' it will just erase the movies and music that you had synced it with on your macbook and replace it with what you've told it to sync on your desktop.
    ahhhhh, never knew that, thanks. one last question, if i was to restore this phone, would any trace of be jailbreaking it be there, and would it brick the phone if i restored it

Thanks

If your phone is not unlocked, only jailbroken,
    it should be fine to restore it; it will not brick.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to annaj For This Useful Post:

jmk2012 (2007-12-15)

thanks so much