Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Upgrading Unlocked 1.0.2 to 1.1.1

Default Help Upgrading Unlocked 1.0.2 to 1.1.1
    i'm using tmobile with my iphone. 1.0.2 unlocked.
    i want to upgrade it to 1.1.1 and unlock it so i can use it with tmobile, then unlock and upgrade it to 1.1.2.

i went to the stickys and theres only an upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 + jailbreak + youtube thread, there wasn't one for 1.0.2 to 1.1.1.

and is there an easy method to upgrade and unlock 1.1.1 without the use of wifi?

Thank you,

i was thinking i could just upgrade my iphone to the newest firmware through itunes but i thought that would brick my iphone!?

i think i'm on the right track, i downloaded idemocracy2, and the instructions say i have to revirginize it first if i'm on a 1.0.2, when i clicked revirginize under "non att tools", it says wrong IP, and doesn't do anything.

can anyone help me please?

okay i still haven't gotten any help here, i went to my itunes went to iphone summary tab, clicked on update to see if it would update me to 1.1.1, and it says 1.0.2 is the current firmware!?!?

HELP! no one has successfully upgraded from a 1.0.2 to a 1.1.1?
    Last edited by iphonerox; 2007-12-12 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you have to be patient - not everyone can be on the boards throughout the day...

instead of using idemocracy to virginize, use the installer method,
    it seems to be the most straightforward:

1. Set Settings → General → Auto Lock → Never
    2. Make sure Modem firmware is 03.14.08_G. Check this in Settings → General → About.
    3. Start Installer and update it if it asks. Tap on Sources, Edit, and Add http://i.unlock.no/ as a repository.
    4. Make sure you have BSD Subsystem installed, if not, go to System category and install it.
    5. Now, install The Virginizer found in the Unlocking Tools category. This will take about 10 minutes to complete.

after that is done, restore to fw 1.1.1 and follow the guides here to upgrade to 1.1.2 and/or jailbreak/unlock

thanks annaj, i followed a guide on here that had me go online and download app tapp by bypassing the activation screen. it was suppose to reboot my phone, however, my phone is stuck at the apple startup screen, it doesn't do anything, i've waiting 20 minutes, nothing. i can't even do a hard reset anymore to the yellow triangle screen. any advice?

Thanks

did it finish and tell you to restore after you rebooted?
    if so, you can do that by entering recovery mode (yellow triangle)
    hold the power and home button until the phone restarts,
    immediately let go of the power button, but keep holding the home button,
    it'll take 10-15 seconds, but it will go into recovery mode

i think it finished it just exited back to the activation screen. problem is, is i can't even get it to the triangle screen. its just stuck at the apple screen.

Thanks

you should be able to get to recovery mode - it's built-in so that no matter what you can restore...did you try the instructions above?
    if you just hold the power +home buttons what happens, nothing?
    even if you keep holding them...

if i hold the power + home, the phone blacks out, if i were to continue holding both, it goes straight to the apple screen again, then back and forth. if i let go of the power button the first time it shuts off, and keep holding the home button the screen just stays black, it doesn't reboot or go to the triangle screen. i've gotten to the triangle screen plenty of times, i'm a bit worried now as nothing is working.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iphonerox For This Useful Post:

krusher (2007-12-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonerox View Post
    if i let go of the power button the first time it shuts off, and keep holding the home button the screen just stays black, it doesn't reboot or go to the triangle screen.
    are you holding it long enough? :S

i'm not sure what else to tell you, since I'm not an expert.
    I do know a bunch of people who used this method and it worked...
    the guide is from this website:
    http://iphone.unlock.no

maybe they will have troubleshooting tips...
    let me know what happens

10. The Following User Says Thank You to annaj For This Useful Post:

krusher (2007-12-13)

nothing for the life of me seems to work, i still cannot get this thing to bring up the yellow triangle. is there any other way to get this thing to restore itself? this upgrade to 1.1.1 seems too difficult and i'm hoping to just get it back ot 1.0.2

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iphonerox For This Useful Post:

krusher (2007-12-13)

Green Apple
    Thanks

try getting your phone into DFU mode to do a restore..
    iPhone 8GB, Week 44, Anysim Unlocked
    FW: 1.1.1 -> Official 1.1.3 JB -> iplus 1.1.4

14. The Following User Says Thank You to beezink For This Useful Post:

krusher (2007-12-13)

i am also on 1.0.2 and wish to upgrade to 1.1.1 for the sake of video out.
    But i can't even download iDemocracy from google code. I tried it like 100 times but everytime i get a corrupt rar file or download stops in between........dont tell me i have bad internet speed....am on 2mpbs.........
    Anyways any other safe way of doing it???