Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgraded to 1.1.4 and now i have issues :(

iPhone? More like MyPhone Loyalty's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Upgraded to 1.1.4 and now i have issues :(
    Ok so here's the deal. I've had my iPhone since Feburary. The day I got it I jailbroke it with Ziphone. I had no problems at all with it. I finally upgraded from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 the other day. I'm not sure if it should have done this but it completely wiped everything back to stock. So I rejailbroke it with iLiberty+.

I have Cydia and the Installer app on my phone now but when I go into the Installer it shows all the things I had downloaded before the 1.1.4 upgrade but no icons on my home screen. I'm actually trying to uninstall Summerboard so I could reinstall it but I keep getting an error that says "Main Script Error." Any clues on how to fix that?? Also are all those apps that I had still on my phone somewhere or just a glitch with the Installer?

Next I downloaded a keyboard for 1.1.4 from Cydia. It said that it was going to back up my keyboard (stock) and install the new one. I then tried to install another keyboard that said the same thing (backing up file etc). When it was done I had lost my keyboard completely. What did I do wrong? Should I have uninstalled the first "after market" keyboard then it would have had my stock keyboard, then install the 2nd "after market" one??

Finally, I've tried to sign into WinSCP and it won't let me. I've tried root -dottie and alpine. This is my first expierence with 1.1.4 and I like some aspects of it but it's starting to become irritating. If anyone could help there's a 'thanks' button with your name on it

AKA pierrechampoux Andis Jackson's Avatar
    Thanks

What it sounds like you did is rather than restore your phone to get it to 1.1.4, you updated. I've jailbroken using ziphone, iLiberty and most recently pwnage tool (which is my favorite), and each time I made sure to restore rather than update. If you back up, you won't lose your contacts, etc, but you will have to reinstall all of your apps and mods. With the latest jailbreaking methods, it shouldn't take you more than an hour or so to get your phone back to the way you want it.

Thanks

Thanks. I got some help using the chat. You're right I did update which I found out I was a ****** for doing :banghead:

EDIT:Iphone FIXED no need to worry

5. The Following User Says Thank You to haseeb For This Useful Post:

Loyalty (2008-06-30)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by haseeb View Post
    EDIT:Iphone FIXED no need to worry
    Thanks for the help Haseeb!!