Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: apple logo only when turned on problem.

Default apple logo only when turned on problem.
    guys i'm having a lot of problem with my iphone. first i installed the SERVICES app from the installer app to turn off edge but after a while some msg popped saying the about wrong edge settings and i think to choose what network to use. there was at&t, t-mobile, another t-mobile something and others. i chose others since i was using non of them then after that my network signal was gone and i can't use my line. from then on whatever i did nothing seems to work even if i uninstall the services app. so i turned it off for a few days and when i turn it on again my signal was back but after a few minutes it will be gone and back to my problem again.

since i'm desperate to use my iphone i tried installed some apps which i think would give me the info on what was going on with my iphone but unluckily i installed the SYSTEM INFO app which gave me the info which most of them i didn't really understood then there was a reboot option and i chose it then after that my problem just got worse. now my iphone only displays the apple logo and doesn't go to the home screen.

i would like to restore it with itunes but i've got the 1.1.1 version and when i'd click the restore button on itunes it says to restore and upgrade which is a bad move cos its an unlocked iphone. i've tried the hold option then click restore but the window choose a file opens and there's no iphone visible or to restore to 1.1.1 version.

help please.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

You need to download the 1.1.1 firmware file to restore to using the Option + Restore method in iTunes. Check the Wiki, under the General iPhone Reference section - there's a link to the 1.1.1 firmware file.

You also need to post this question in the correct forum - thread moved.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews