Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone newbie needs some genuine help Please

Default Iphone newbie needs some genuine help Please
    Hi , i have just bought my mates faulty Iphone for 50 ( think i got a bargain as it was brand new but he tried to unlock it and it was stuck in a text scroll ) anyway i have restored this through itunes and upgraded it to 1.1.4 . Then i have unlocked it and jailbroken it but i cannot get any wifi to work even if i remove all security . I unlocked using ziphone , restored and unloced using winpwn and also done the same with Liberty+ all gave the same results no wifi . I have read and done all the things most people say like reset network and settings etc. It keeps giving the error message could not connect to network

I have now downgraded the firmware firstly 1.1.3 still no wifi , then 1.1.2 still no wifi , then 1.1.1 still no wifi and finally wifi works perfectly on 1.0.2 . It connects to all networks first time everytime

Ok i have put installer on and started adding apps as required but now i have run out of space on the face of the iphone and as i add extra icons i lose others . I think i need summerboard but the installler version will not work with 1.0.2 . I have downloaded to the pc suumerboard 2.11 and installed this using ibrickr , i now have a summerboard icon but if i click on this it opens a blank page and then after 10 - 15 seconds returns back to the iphone home screen . What apps do i need so i keep scroll the icons on the iphone

Does anyone know of a definate fix for the 1.1.4 wifi as i tried for days and finally gave up

Sorry for the long first post but any genuine help would be really appreciated

Thank you
    Last edited by trinaandlee; 2008-06-26 at 04:13 PM.

Go to settings with WiFi set to On...Select your WiFI and tap on the Blue Arrow.

Under 'DHCP" you can change the DNS Servers.
    Under "Static" you can edit all the information manually.

Option 1

Try OpenDNS

Set your DNS to: 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220

Option 2

Under Static Tab:

IP Address: 192.168.1.150
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Router: 192.168.1.1
    DNS: 192.168.1.1

So try this. It might be good to go to settings/General/Reset/Resetnetworksetting and do the reset.

Chris

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chriscoyne For This Useful Post:

trinaandlee (2008-06-27)

Hi Chris

Thank you for the reply

I have just tried what you mentioned and i still get the could not connect to network error on 1.1.4

I have downgraded again back to 1.0.2 and wifi works perfectly , connects without any hassle , i have 2 secure wpa networks i connect to and on 1.0.2 it connects first time evertime

Do you know what apps i need so i can extend the iphone desktop , in other words so i can more add apps and not lose the icons , i think its summerboard but im struggling as the ones on installer will not work with 1.0.2 firmware

Many thanks for your help

Lee

Have you tried a DFU restore to 1.1.4..... setup as new and then jailbreak with iliberty+?

You will have problems trying to install the newer programs on 1.02.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hiflyer For This Useful Post:

trinaandlee (2008-06-27)

Hi

Yes done a dfu restore and jailbroken with liberty+ and also now flashed with winpwn and i just cannot get it to connect to any wifi . I have even removed wpa security on my own 2 wifi networks and it still will not connect

The phone works perfectly making and receiving calls and text but will only connect to wifi using 1.0.2 firmware , no other firmware will allow it to connect

Any help would be really appreciated

Thank you

Trinaandlee, Great it works on some firmware but other right to say it should work on all firmware versions. I think whats happening you have Jailbroken with to many breaking apps. I would download Ziphone at ZiPhone's Blog with the program you can clear any previous breaks run Verbose. First, manually uninstall all third party apps. Then restore to 1.1.4. Then open Ziphone and look to clean previous breaks using verbose. Its been awhile since I used Ziphone but sure its easier now.

Let it run all the way through before disconnecting. No WiFi? try my settings again.

Good luck Chris
    Last edited by chriscoyne; 2008-06-27 at 06:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Hi Chris

Thank you again , i have got ziphone 3.0 latest version but cannot see anywhere to " run verbose " . I also have got ziphone 2.5c and see the option of refurbish , is the refurbish option what you recommend ? If neither can you please explain further

Also your settings , my router has an ip of 192.168.0.1 will the settings you say work as my ip will be different ?

Many thanks again

Can someone please help me. I have been trying for the last two hours to download the iliberty+, but when I click on the download link it directs me to a page that is a thread. I have tried about 20+ times and still the same thing. Please help me to download the liberty program. Appreciate it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brneydgrl View Post
    Can someone please help me. I have been trying for the last two hours to download the iliberty+, but when I click on the download link it directs me to a page that is a thread. I have tried about 20+ times and still the same thing. Please help me to download the liberty program. Appreciate it!!!
    You can download iliberty+ from the link below

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Click on free , then wait and then type the code you see and it will download

Hope this helps you out

This is a guide from iclarified

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=849

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody else have any other ideas as i have tried all of the above and it still will not connect to any wifi network on any firmware other than 1.0.2

I have spent the last 7 days reading and trying different solutions and i cannot find a working one for my iphone ,

Thank you
    Last edited by trinaandlee; 2008-06-28 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

When using iLiberty there is an available payload to flash wi-fi/bluetooth. Have you tried this when jailbreaking?

Hi yes i have tried the payload within iliberty to flash wi-fi and it still makes no difference , wi-fi will only work with firmware 1.0.2 . This is driving me crazy 1.0.2 wifi works prefectly on my own 2 networks and also wi-fi hotspots , yet on newer firmware i cannot connect to any network

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone navalynt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trinaandlee View Post
    Hi yes i have tried the payload within iliberty to flash wi-fi and it still makes no difference , wi-fi will only work with firmware 1.0.2 . This is driving me crazy 1.0.2 wifi works prefectly on my own 2 networks and also wi-fi hotspots , yet on newer firmware i cannot connect to any network

Thanks
    On the latest version of ZiPhone click on "click to show advanced features" and you will see an option for "Fix WiFi". Might want to give that a shot.

Hi navalynt , i have just tried this with ziphone 3.0 and i still get the error meessage unable to join network . The iphone can see my wifi connections but just will not connect many thanks for your help though and if you or anyone else has more information please do help me out as im stuck here . Thank you

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvlyssup's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trinaandlee View Post
    i have got ziphone 3.0 latest version but cannot see anywhere to " run verbose " .
    It's on ZiPhone 2.0...
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Wifey's - 8GB 3G unlocked & jailbroken using blacksn0w, GO GEO!
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.
    Unbranded & Unlocked Custom WM6 Cingy 8125, R.I.P Cingy 8525 (WSOD)
    BB Bold, Miami Ink v3, v235, & an mpx220, all unlocked!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to rvlyssup For This Useful Post:

trinaandlee (2008-06-29)

Many Thanks rvlyssup for pointing me in the direction of the ziphone verbose

Just completed a full 1.1.4 restore , run verbose and then activate / Jailbreak with ziphone and the end result is still the same , the iphone can see my networks but gives the error message unable to connect to network

This is driving me crazy , why does it work on an older firmware 1.0.2 but not on the latest ,

If anyone has more help i would be more than greatfull

Thank you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by navalynt View Post
    on The Latest Version Of Ziphone Click On "click To Show Advanced Features" And You Will See An Option For "fix Wifi". Might Want To Give That A Shot.
    No! It Hard Codes You Iphones Mac Address To Say Zibri In Anscii.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

trinaandlee (2008-06-29)

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    No! It Hard Codes You Iphones Mac Address To Say Zibri In Anscii.
    Sorry but is this a good thing or bad thing ?

I just jailbroke my Ipod touch with v. 1.1.4 firmware using Ziphone and im having the exact same problem, i tried to use Ziphones fix the wifi problem feature but all that did was make my Itunes not be able to sync with my ipod touch, right now im in the middle of restoring from a backup, what i was wondering is if you restore from a backup are there still traces of the Ziphone software left on the iTouch?

Default Iphone slide does not work
    hi

when i try to answer calls on my iphone, the slide does not work.

Can someone help please