Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbraking 1.1.2 without original SIM card

Default Jailbraking 1.1.2 without original SIM card
    Hi guys, PLEASE HELP!

I bought a unblocked iPhone from ebay, and it was working great. It was running 1.1.1 and everything was fine. I was reading the manuals and guides here and thought that it could be a good idea to upgrade to 1.1.2, since jailbraking it seemed fairly easy and safe.

I did everything right, followed the manual and the guide from the guide section. Updated and then Jailbrake it in 1.1.2. It was working fine. Now, all I had to do was to run anysim so I could keep using it with t-mobile.

Well, I used it and it kept booting, booting, and booting forever. I left it for around 2 hours, so it was obviously a problem. So I decided to restore on itunes, which brought me to a 1.1.2 firmware but as if I didn't ran ocktoprep before, which means its not jailbroken anymore. PLUS, I dont have the original SIM CARD in order to use iDemocracy. guys, what do I do????

Quote Originally Posted by morrisfw View Post
    Hi guys, PLEASE HELP!
    I bought a unblocked iPhone from ebay,
    ..First off its unlocked not unblocked.

Restore your phone to 1.1.1 via iTunes jailbreak, unlock using anysim run oktoprep from installer and update to 1.1.2 NOT restore and update.

Hi there,
    You seem to know what to do on this case. Im very lost. Im sorry but could you please explain to me with more detail?
    When I connect the iPhone and turn on iTunes, i get the message in iTunes:"The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported", and all I can do is eject.
    in the iPhone, it reads: "Incorrect SIM, Instert an unlocked and valid sim to activate iPhone".

Also, my t-mobile chip is in there.
    Can you give me a hand? Im really sorry to bother, is just that I have no one else to turn to.

That is normal if the phone you have is not unlocked. Search for a guide on how to unlock via 1.1.1 FW on this site.

You dont understand. Because I don't have the original SIM in the iPhone, it wont let me sync with iTunes or do anything. That means that I can't unlock via 1.1.1 or any other via that I read here because it needs the original SIM card just to get over those messages. Please help me out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

First of all u need to download the 1.1.1 firmware off this site and the 1.1.2 jailbreak program...Make sure ur phone has firmware 1.1.2 on it first before u proceed anything.. ok when you connect your phone to itunes, u need to hold the sleep and home button at the same time, when the phone turns off, let go of the Sleep/Wake button and continue holding the Home button for another 10 seconds. iTunes should then recognize that the iPhone is in recovery mode. After that message pop up, click ok and then press shift and click restore,navigate to where you downloaded your 1.1.1 firmware restore file to. Select it, and click Open.When it has finished, a pop up indicating Error 1015 will appear. Click OK...Another message will appear. Click OK.
    Eject the iPhone from iTunes, and close iTunes.The iPhone should now displays a connect to iTunes graphic.Press CTRL ALT DEL. Click the Processes tab. Select iTunesHelper.exe. Click the End Process button and agree to the pop up screen that will appear.
    Download iBrickr v0.91. if you dont already have it and Launch iBrickr. You should be at the Recovery mode detected screen. Click the link that says Boot the phone. If your phone turns red, that is a good sign but if it stays green u need to restore iTunes! In a lil while the iPhone should switch back to the activate screen. When it does, close iBrickr. Turn the iPhone off by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears. Slide to turn it off. Then press the Sleep/Wake button to turn it back on.
    Now it is time to jailbreak the 1.1.1 firmware. You should be at the activate iPhone screen. Slide the emergency slider. Enter the following into the keypad: *#307# then press Call.The iPhone will ring, press the X button at the top to delete all the characters you just entered. Now enter: 0 then press Call again while it is still ringing. Now press Answer. Press hold. Press Decline.You will now be at the iPhone's main keypad,Press the Contacts button below.You are now at the contacts screen. Press the + in the upper right corner to make a new contact. Press the First Last button.Enter A for the first name then press Save in the upper right corner.Now press the Add new URL button. Enter: prefs: then press Save in the upper right corner. It will take you back a screen.
    Press the Add new URL button. Enter http://jailbreakme.com Then press Save. Press the Save button. Press the home page prefs:// button. You will now be at the Settings screen. Press General. Press the Auto-Lock button. Now press Never, it is very important u do this.Then go back to the Settings screen. Press the Wi-Fi button. Select your network from the list.Press the Home button and you will be taken back to the activate iPhone screen. Slide the emergency slider again. Enter: 0 then press Call. Now press Answer. Press hold Press Decline.You will now be at the contacts screen again. Press the A button now press the home http://jailbreakme.com button.. You shoud be on the jailbreakme website..Scroll down the screen. Press the Install AppSnapp button. Safari should crash after a few seconds, thats normal.Once Safari crashes it will send you back to the activate iPhone screen. Wait about 20 seconds and the slide to unlock animation should freeze, then the iPhone will reboot. You'll see the Apple logo, then you will be at the screen with the slide to unlock slider again. Slide it and you will be at the SpringBoard. I have found that this don't work the first time. I had to turn my phone off and back on several times and just keep trying to jailbreak but it did work. now make sure your phone timeout is still set to never, thats very important.
    Launch the Installer and press the Install icon. Scroll down to the System folder and press it and download the BSD Subsystem file.When BSD Subsystem has finished installing, press the Sources button. Press Edit, then press Add.Enter: modmyi.com/installer.xml Then press the OK button. After it refreshes the source, it will be back at this screen. Now press the Done button. You should now see ModMyI.com in your Sources list.Press the Install icon at the bottom. Scroll down to the ModMyI.com folder and press it. Press anySIM 1.2.1u. Install the program. When it has finished, press the Home button to relaunch the SpringBoard and you will see anySIM on it. Launch anySIM. Press OK. Slide to unlock. Read this screen or not. Scroll down to the bottom and press the big red button. After everything downloads, it should say your iphone has been successfully unlocked. I had a phone that didnt say it was unlocked it told me it couldnt but It still was unlocked only when i continued to upgrade to the next steps. ok now Launch the Installer and press the Install icon. Scroll down the list of folders to Tweaks (1.1.1). Press it. Install OktoPrep. When it's done installing, you will recieve a message about your ready to update to 1.1.2. Press OK then press the Home button to relaunch the SpringBoard. Now launch iTunes, iTunes should recognize your iPhone. Click Update....When it finishes updating, the iPhone will restart and iTunes will be back at the let's get started screen. The new emergency slider and connect to iTunes graphic will be on the iPhone. Eject the iPhone from iTunes and close iTunes. Ok now you need to open the the 1.1.2 jailbreak program I told you to download at the beginning.Decompress the file and open the folder. Double click the windows.bat file, if nothing happens when you click this file, then you do not have a Java Runtime Environment installed on your computer, go here to get that http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp.. If u have java and the box pop on the screen, click the Jailbreak! button...The iPhone will then reboot a couple of times and this message will appear. When you have access to the SpringBoard click OK on the pop up. Check your SIMs for calling out and receiving and test YouTube and iTunes Music Store, et cetera. Now your iphone is unlocked running on 1.1.2!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dooley19 For This Useful Post:

Mozkito (2008-01-13)

Quote Originally Posted by dooley19 View Post
    First of all u need to download the 1.1.1 firmware off this site and the 1.1.2 jailbreak program...Make sure ur phone has firmware 1.1.2 on it first before u proceed anything.. ok when you connect your phone to itunes, u need to hold the sleep and home button at the same time, when the phone turns off, let go of the Sleep/Wake button and continue holding the Home button for another 10 seconds. iTunes should then recognize that the iPhone is in recovery mode. After that message pop up, click ok and then press shift and click restore,navigate to where you downloaded your 1.1.1 firmware restore file to. Select it, and click Open.When it has finished, a pop up indicating Error 1015 will appear. Click OK...Another message will appear. Click OK.
    Eject the iPhone from iTunes, and close iTunes.The iPhone should now displays a connect to iTunes graphic.Press CTRL ALT DEL. Click the Processes tab. Select iTunesHelper.exe. Click the End Process button and agree to the pop up screen that will appear.
    Download iBrickr v0.91. if you dont already have it and Launch iBrickr. You should be at the Recovery mode detected screen. Click the link that says Boot the phone. If your phone turns red, that is a good sign but if it stays green u need to restore iTunes! In a lil while the iPhone should switch back to the activate screen. When it does, close iBrickr. Turn the iPhone off by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears. Slide to turn it off. Then press the Sleep/Wake button to turn it back on.
    Now it is time to jailbreak the 1.1.1 firmware. You should be at the activate iPhone screen. Slide the emergency slider. Enter the following into the keypad: *#307# then press Call.The iPhone will ring, press the X button at the top to delete all the characters you just entered. Now enter: 0 then press Call again while it is still ringing. Now press Answer. Press hold. Press Decline.You will now be at the iPhone's main keypad,Press the Contacts button below.You are now at the contacts screen. Press the + in the upper right corner to make a new contact. Press the First Last button.Enter A for the first name then press Save in the upper right corner.Now press the Add new URL button. Enter: prefs: then press Save in the upper right corner. It will take you back a screen.
    Press the Add new URL button. Enter http://jailbreakme.com Then press Save. Press the Save button. Press the home page prefs:// button. You will now be at the Settings screen. Press General. Press the Auto-Lock button. Now press Never, it is very important u do this.Then go back to the Settings screen. Press the Wi-Fi button. Select your network from the list.Press the Home button and you will be taken back to the activate iPhone screen. Slide the emergency slider again. Enter: 0 then press Call. Now press Answer. Press hold Press Decline.You will now be at the contacts screen again. Press the A button now press the home http://jailbreakme.com button.. You shoud be on the jailbreakme website..Scroll down the screen. Press the Install AppSnapp button. Safari should crash after a few seconds, thats normal.Once Safari crashes it will send you back to the activate iPhone screen. Wait about 20 seconds and the slide to unlock animation should freeze, then the iPhone will reboot. You'll see the Apple logo, then you will be at the screen with the slide to unlock slider again. Slide it and you will be at the SpringBoard. I have found that this don't work the first time. I had to turn my phone off and back on several times and just keep trying to jailbreak but it did work. now make sure your phone timeout is still set to never, thats very important.
    Launch the Installer and press the Install icon. Scroll down to the System folder and press it and download the BSD Subsystem file.When BSD Subsystem has finished installing, press the Sources button. Press Edit, then press Add.Enter: modmyi.com/installer.xml Then press the OK button. After it refreshes the source, it will be back at this screen. Now press the Done button. You should now see ModMyI.com in your Sources list.Press the Install icon at the bottom. Scroll down to the ModMyI.com folder and press it. Press anySIM 1.2.1u. Install the program. When it has finished, press the Home button to relaunch the SpringBoard and you will see anySIM on it. Launch anySIM. Press OK. Slide to unlock. Read this screen or not. Scroll down to the bottom and press the big red button. After everything downloads, it should say your iphone has been successfully unlocked. I had a phone that didnt say it was unlocked it told me it couldnt but It still was unlocked only when i continued to upgrade to the next steps. ok now Launch the Installer and press the Install icon. Scroll down the list of folders to Tweaks (1.1.1). Press it. Install OktoPrep. When it's done installing, you will recieve a message about your ready to update to 1.1.2. Press OK then press the Home button to relaunch the SpringBoard. Now launch iTunes, iTunes should recognize your iPhone. Click Update....When it finishes updating, the iPhone will restart and iTunes will be back at the let's get started screen. The new emergency slider and connect to iTunes graphic will be on the iPhone. Eject the iPhone from iTunes and close iTunes. Ok now you need to open the the 1.1.2 jailbreak program I told you to download at the beginning.Decompress the file and open the folder. Double click the windows.bat file, if nothing happens when you click this file, then you do not have a Java Runtime Environment installed on your computer, go here to get that http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp.. If u have java and the box pop on the screen, click the Jailbreak! button...The iPhone will then reboot a couple of times and this message will appear. When you have access to the SpringBoard click OK on the pop up. Check your SIMs for calling out and receiving and test YouTube and iTunes Music Store, et cetera. Now your iphone is unlocked running on 1.1.2!
    First of all I would like to thank Dooley19 for a well detail explanation of the process of unlocking.

I have followed you process all the way ans stopped just before upgrading to 1.1.2 because I cannot get the iphone to recognize my carrier. I installed the anysim but at the end it gives me the unsuccessful response and after many re-starts still does not recognize my carrier.

Any thing else you could help.

Thanks a lot

Me again,

I have done the update to 1.1.2 and got the iphone to recognize my carrier. The problem now is when i try to make a call, i dial the 1st number and the phone goes back to the springboard.

what can i do now?

thanks again
    Last edited by Mozkito; 2008-01-13 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok i know this is ridiculously old, but i still have to find a way to do this.. i can no longer find ibrickr v0.91 presumably becasue there is a newer one out.. although i also had an issue with this where my error after trying to restor was 1600 something...