Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: sms/txt issue...pls any ideas...

Default sms/txt issue...pls any ideas...
    when i first got my iphone i had the 1.1.4 running perfectly fine, for about 3mths then crashed. i reloaded everything, and uploaded 1.1.3 firmware. i noticed in my sms chat instead of the conversations that im having go back n forth as the come in & as i send out, all the msgs that come in stay together & my sms/txt i send out stay all together on the screen. i dont know if this was clear but has anyone had this issue before? & if so/not does anyone know how to fix this. ive already reloaded back to 1.1.4 firmware still the same issue & have gone back to 1.1.3 firmware.

any suggestions....

Not something I have encountered what JB are you using? When you restore are you setting it up as a new phone or recovering your existing profile?
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

i used the ziphone 2.5 to do all the unlocking & jb. ive done both in itunes restored from my original back, & also setup a new phone. its really stupid, everything else is fine.

ive also noticed if i keep the sms screen up during the convo through sms/txt that it works fine back n forth on the screen, but once i leave that screen & return it reverts back to all the sms/txt from my contact gathered all together & mine aswell...
    Last edited by icecold; 2008-06-26 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

it's a known issue that conversation bubbles in 1.1.3 don't stay in the order they're sent/received

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

it's a timecoding issue. so essentially they stay in the order that they are time stamped. check and see if that's the issue. (ie clear a conversation, have someone sms you, you reply and have them reply. you should be able to see if your two sent msgs are after her one msg in the middle then it's a time stamp issue. There are solutions here to "attempt" (I say attempt cuz it didn't work for me) to fix the time stamp and there is a solution to put in a tweak that just puts them in the right order but the time will still be wrong. Search the forums for either solution.

If it is not a timestamp, then disregard and i'm not sure how to fix it.