Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Questions before I upgrade.

Default Questions before I upgrade.
    I am currently using 1.02 which is unlocked. I am curious which of the guides I should use for upgrading to 1.1.1. I have a ppc G4 ibook. I notice most guides require either a pc or an intel mac. I am also wondering what version of itunes I should be using when I jailbreak/upgrade. Anything will help. Thanks and if you have any other tips for a successful upgrade, please share!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if you're on 1.0.2, you need to virginize first:

1. Set Settings → General → Auto Lock → Never
    2. Make sure Modem firmware is 03.14.08_G. Check this in Settings → General → About.
    3. Start Installer and update it if it asks. Tap on Sources, Edit, and Add http://i.unlock.no/ as a repository.
    4. Make sure you have BSD Subsystem installed, if not, go to System category and install it.
    5. Now, install The Virginizer found in the Unlocking Tools category. This will take about 10 minutes to complete.

when that's done, restore to 1.1.1 using the option+click restore, and choose where you saved the 1.1.1 firmware (available in the downloads section). you'll then have a fresh 1.1.1.

the guides here on MMi should be fine for you - click the green button on the top right.
    It is the programs that you use that you have to check if they are compatible, as far as i know independence does work on ppc's

3. The Following User Says Thank You to annaj For This Useful Post:

alectra82 (2007-12-09)

Thanks for the helpful reply. Does the version of itunes matter?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

when i updated to 1.1.2, i had 7.5