Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best process to get iPhone to Fresh

Default Best process to get iPhone to Fresh
    Hi All,

I am a happy iphone o2 uk customer that has jailbreaked my phone and modded to my hearts content.

The question I have is IF I ever needed to return my iphone to o2 if that was acting up, what is the best way to make my iphone look as if it has not been jailbroken and get rid of any traces that it was ever done?

Best regards
    Sy

hi,

does anyone have an update on this? I have read a number of forums that suggest just doing a restore on iTunes...... however......

I know this is not the fact. My iPhone died on me when I was on vacation in December. On my return I was forced to restore my iPhone to get it to work again. I then re-Jailbreaked the phone. Now when I browse the Preferences folder via SSH there are still preference files for applications that I have not installed since the restore and their date is set to a date in november before the restore.

Any ideas??

i think restoring after putting phone in restore mode will delete all files
    + apple is cool about exchange its an over da counter deal
    so i do not see any problems

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

If your baseband was changed you need to run a virginizer for it to go back the way it was. if its a simcard unlock (like turbosim) then a restore works fine.

cheers for the input guys. No baseband changes and no sim unlock, i've only jailbreaked and added 3rd party apps!