Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help JailBreaking a Second Phone

Default Need Help JailBreaking a Second Phone
    Hey guys. My iPhone is currently running 1.1.2 firm, and is jailbroken. The phone is not unlocked, as I have AT&T. I got the phone on the day of release, so it's been upgraded from 1.0.0 all the way up. I jailbroke on 1.1.1, and used OkToPrep to keep everything running smoothly after the upgrade.

Version 1.1.2 (3B48b)
    Model MA712LL
    Modem Firmware 04.02.13_G

Now, a girl at work just got an iPhone, and is asking me to set her up with Installer like I did on mine. After checking her phone, the firmware is 1.1.2. My problem is, I don't know if hers came out of the box 1.1.2, or she updated it on her own. She has no idea what she did, so I wanted to ask you guys. I looked at her info, and it all matched up with mine. Same verrsion, same model number, and same modem firware. I'm aware that some new iPhones have a new bootloader, and that this could stop me from properly jailbreaking the phone. If someone could tell me from the info I provided which steps (if any) I can use to jailbreak her phone. Thanks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to vincent6396 For This Useful Post:

Piazza331 (2007-12-10)

Thanks

the new bootoader keeps you from unlocking it to run with any carrier...not jailbreaking.!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jedinight For This Useful Post:

Piazza331 (2007-12-10)