Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trouble downgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2

Default Trouble downgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2
    Hi everyone, this is my first post here on the forums. I have found alot of usefull information here. I have read tons of threads here and haven't been able to find a good answer for my situation. I was hoping to get the help of some of the experts here.

Anyway here's my situation. I started this time with a unlocked 1.0.2 iphone running on t-mobile. I was trying to upgrade directly to 1.1.2. I used the instructions on hacktheiphone.com to virginize the baseband. From there somehow things got screwed up and I could not get it to downgrade to 1.1.1. I looked all over the net for help because I couldn't get into my phone at all. Eventually I got the phone downgraded all the way to 1.0.2 again. From there I decided to try the whole process again. I upgraded to 1.1.2 again and this time I was able to downgrade to 1.1.1.

This is where I am now. I am on 1.1.1 but I have the bad IMEI. I have been trying to follow the instructions to fix this issue but I can't get my phone to downgrade to 1.0.2 again to fix the IMEI. I am on a Mac running Leopard. I have iTunes 7.5. When I option-click restore 1.0.2 it fails quickly (like 20 seconds giving (error 1) I believe) I'm at work now. I will try again tonight to get the actual error text.

The next thing I want to try is to reinstall an older version of iTunes so I can use an old version of independance to downgrade my phone back to 1.0.2. However the only sites I can find to download iTunes are for Windows software. I found one site that claimed to have the mac version but it says they are switching servers so I can't download it at this time.

This has been the perfect storm of problems. If anyone can help me out here I would really appreciate it. I'm about to break down and send it to the guy at hacktheiphnoe.com to see if he can fix it for me.

Thanks in advance.
    Eric

I'm having the same problem, but my case is differnt of downgrade and upgrading, if someone can help us?

Thanks
    Cesar

iam having the same issue how were u able to get it to downgrade completely? to 1.0.2 what did u follow cause i did the same thing u did