Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbroken 1.1.1 upgrade to 1.1.2

Default jailbroken 1.1.1 upgrade to 1.1.2
    guys I have a quick question.is it safe to upgrade a legit at&t jailbroken 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 without restoring first?my friend is having problems with his iphone and would just want go back to factory settings.is the new version of itunes still has 1.1.1 firmware or it already upgrades the phone to 1.1.2 automatically.thanks

If I have read this correctly, you want to upgrade to 1.1.2 and still have the phone jailbroken without restoring? If so on 1.1.1 just install oktoprep in installer plug the phone into itunes and click upgrade it will upgrade to 1.1.2 then run jailbreak.jar for 1.1.2. 1.1.2 jailbreak can found here http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iphonesolutionz For This Useful Post:

heavens_blade (2007-12-07)

thanks for the reply man.actually what he wants is a unjailbroken phone (no apps).what I want to know is if he upgrades it to 1.1.2 from jailbroken 1.1.1 without first doing a restore will it brick the phone?should he restore 1.1.1 first or just directly upgrade 1.1.2.he just wants have a clean phone because he wants to return it to apple and get it replaced.thanks again.

No, but in that case why not just do a restore and update? That will completely clean the phone so it can be returned to apple.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iphonesolutionz For This Useful Post:

heavens_blade (2007-12-07)

Quote Originally Posted by iphonesolutionz View Post
    No, but in that case why not just do a restore and update? That will completely clean the phone so it can be returned to apple.
    thanks.i'll tell him that

guys i know you can update tru itunes, question is if i press update on itunes rite now, will it update to v1.1.2 with the new bootloader or will it still be 4.02??
    thanks

It will update your phone to 1.1.2 as far as the bootloader goes thats pre-installed on the phone and is not modified by updating on iTunes.

Hi guys I have a jailbreakend iphone with version 1.1.1 how do i get it to upgrade to 1.1.3 jailbreakend can some one please help me