Results 1 to 19 of 19

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: CAN'T FREAKING DOWNGRADE 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 iPhone using PPC Mac and Leopard!!!!!

  1. #1
    Default CAN'T FREAKING DOWNGRADE 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 iPhone using PPC Mac and Leopard!!!!!
    hi there everyone,

    I have been getting really pissed lately, because I have been trying for a couple weeks now to downgrade my iPhone from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1, and I get to the part where I get the 1015 error, but then after that I have no frickin idea how to keep it going.

    so if anyone can help me, and or if someone is trustworthy, we could do a screen share in Leopard and you can do it for me.

    I just want to downgrade to 1.1.1, and not update to 1.1.2 afterwards.

    anyway, I appreciate any help at all!

    you guys are great!

    thanks!

    Seth

  2. #2
    If you'd have actually comprehended what you've read in the various guides, you'd have understood that error 1015 is no biggie.

    Search, kid! Search! The answers are all here!

  3. #3
    Retired Moderator stlcaddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,088
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 128 Times in 90 Posts

    Ive Had The Same Problem Bro. I Can Get Bake To 1.1.1 And Jailbreak It Past 1015 Error Code, But I Can Never Get It To Activate....so Now Im Stuck Back 1.0.2

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    What guide are you using?

    From what I did - you should just be able to restore with 1.1.1 (which is what I think you did, and got the 1015 error-which is normal). You have a mac, so you can use independence to kick your phone out of recovery mode, and then just use jailbreakme.com to jailbreak...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by annaj View Post
    What guide are you using?

    From what I did - you should just be able to restore with 1.1.1 (which is what I think you did, and got the 1015 error-which is normal). You have a mac, so you can use independence to kick your phone out of recovery mode, and then just use jailbreakme.com to jailbreak...
    but whill it activate me back with my at&t itunes activated iphone with all of my contacts and stuff on it, and the same number?

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bagfoot View Post
    but whill it activate me back with my at&t itunes activated iphone with all of my contacts and stuff on it, and the same number?
    restoring your phone will erase all your contacts and everything - so make sure you sync it with your computer first, so that you computer will have all your current info.

    i have never done anything with a legit ATT account activated through iphone, but I assume that you can go ahead and reactivate it through itunes again after the restore.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by annaj View Post
    but I assume that you can go ahead and reactivate it through itunes again after the restore.
    Thats correct, I have had many new iPhones in which I put my SIM card in and iTunes just runs you through the activation again.

  8. #8
    hey there!

    well first of all thanks for the very fast responses!

    I get that 1025 error and I try to start up Independence and it does nothing. One time I waited an hour, and it still did nothing.

    I have been using many guides, and they all seem to be pretty much the same. but this link was the last place I tried it at. http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2007/11/3...112-jailbreak/

    recently, Independence hasn't even opened, and I get an error, and it pops up a dialog box with options to ignore, reopen or cancel.

    so anyway, I don't know if you guys can help me out. but pretty much right now I just need Independence to work for me, and I will be okay.

    I am using iTunes 7.5 with a PPC Mac with Leopard 10.5.1 and independence 1.3 beta 2.

    let me know what I am doing wrong. and if any of you pc users say "using a mac" well I will kick you in the face.

    thanks!

  9. #9
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeinaframe View Post
    hey there!

    well first of all thanks for the very fast responses!

    I get that 1025 error and I try to start up Independence and it does nothing. One time I waited an hour, and it still did nothing.

    I have been using many guides, and they all seem to be pretty much the same. but this link was the last place I tried it at. http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2007/11/3...112-jailbreak/

    recently, Independence hasn't even opened, and I get an error, and it pops up a dialog box with options to ignore, reopen or cancel.

    so anyway, I don't know if you guys can help me out. but pretty much right now I just need Independence to work for me, and I will be okay.

    I am using iTunes 7.5 with a PPC Mac with Leopard 10.5.1 and independence 1.3 beta 2.

    let me know what I am doing wrong. and if any of you pc users say "using a mac" well I will kick you in the face.

    thanks!
    ahhh... this is common. Happened to me, and just had another guy posting about it - chances are that nothing is wrong, I had a helluva time getting independence to kick me out of recovery mode too, it eventually did end up working, but I had to just keep unplugging, plugging back in, closing and opening independence, and restarting the phone....it took me a while, I think it's just that independence is buggy...

    sorry I can't give you more solid help....let me know how it goes

  10. #10
    If you get an error, you basically have 1.1.1 already. You just need to get iBrickr, and "Boot iPhone".

  11. #11
    annaj,

    thank you for responding so quickly. You definitely made it seem like everything is okay, and I appreciate that! I will give it a shot probably tonight, but I will definitely try it tomorrow if I can't tonight!

    and I will be sure to write tomorrow how everything went!

    thanks again everyone for your feedback, this is the only forum where I feel like anything gets answered!

    Thank You!

  12. #12
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    248
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 69 Times in 50 Posts

    Try this guide, see if it helps. I just used it tonight and it worked well.

    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Get...g_OS_X_current

  13. #13
    ok well can someone explain or post a video about what exactly will happen when i downgrade my itunes activated legit at&t iphone?


    please it would be greaty appriciated?

  14. #14
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bagfoot View Post
    ok well can someone explain or post a video about what exactly will happen when i downgrade my itunes activated legit at&t iphone?


    please it would be greaty appriciated?
    Im assuming that you just want to jailbreak your phone for the purpose of modding it, and have never unlocked it before.
    If this is the case, having a legit phone will not change the process, except that you don't have to go through the trouble of unlocking it anymore.
    You can use this guide:
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Get...g_OS_X_current

    it even has photos of what is going on.
    You can either follow the guide exactly,
    or you can activate your phone legitimately at the activate stages in the guide. I have been told that you can activate a legit ATT as many times as you need...

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to annaj For This Useful Post:

    bagfoot (2007-12-07)

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by annaj View Post
    Im assuming that you just want to jailbreak your phone for the purpose of modding it, and have never unlocked it before.
    If this is the case, having a legit phone will not change the process, except that you don't have to go through the trouble of unlocking it anymore.
    You can use this guide:
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Get...g_OS_X_current

    it even has photos of what is going on.
    You can either follow the guide exactly,
    or you can activate your phone legitimately at the activate stages in the guide. I have been told that you can activate a legit ATT as many times as you need...
    what should i use for windows insted of iNdependance?

  17. #16
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bagfoot View Post
    what should i use for windows insted of iNdependance?
    umm. i've never done it;
    the title of this thread was for PPC Mac and Leopard....

    however, I do believe that you can do anything that you need to regarding downgrading/upgrading and jailbreaking 1.1.1/1.1.2 using idemocracy for windows.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to annaj For This Useful Post:

    bagfoot (2007-12-07)

  19. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by annaj View Post
    umm. i've never done it;
    the title of this thread was for PPC Mac and Leopard....

    however, I do believe that you can do anything that you need to regarding downgrading/upgrading and jailbreaking 1.1.1/1.1.2 using idemocracy for windows.
    well thank you that's just what I have

  20. #18
    annaj,

    that guide you showed me was the ONE guide I have been looking for! thanks so much for that!

    I am going to be trying this at work today, so I willl for sure be back on here in a couple of hours and let you know how things went.

    take care everyone!

    IT WORKED!!!!!!! I am now running 1.1.1 and that is where I want to be! so I am going to do the Jailbreakme.com thing and get some apps!

    THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

    that guide helped so much annaj!

    THANKS AGAIN!

    now I am not getting a signal and or carrier. so I can't do the jailbreakme.com thing. now can I just use the jailbreak software from Conceited Software? I am going to give that a try.

    be back soon to tell you how things went

    okay, apparently I need a wifi network or edge to do the okotep <--? thing first.

    damn. well we'll see if I get at&t to work here.
    Last edited by lifeinaframe; 2007-12-07 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  21. #19
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeinaframe View Post
    annaj,

    that guide you showed me was the ONE guide I have been looking for! thanks so much for that!

    I am going to be trying this at work today, so I willl for sure be back on here in a couple of hours and let you know how things went.

    take care everyone!

    IT WORKED!!!!!!! I am now running 1.1.1 and that is where I want to be! so I am going to do the Jailbreakme.com thing and get some apps!

    THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

    that guide helped so much annaj!

    THANKS AGAIN!

    now I am not getting a signal and or carrier. so I can't do the jailbreakme.com thing. now can I just use the jailbreak software from Conceited Software? I am going to give that a try.

    be back soon to tell you how things went

    okay, apparently I need a wifi network or edge to do the okotep <--? thing first.

    damn. well we'll see if I get at&t to work here.
    woa - what just happened? You said it worked, and then you said that it didn't work.... so you updated to 1.1.1 ok - went to jailbreakme, and that worked ok...

    are you trying to update to 1.1.2? that;s what the okotep does, it preps you for an upgrade...

    you're previous post is confusing. are you still having problems with unlocking? upgrading?

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •