Results 1 to 9 of 9

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: help to upgrade to 1.1.1/1.1.2

  1. #1
    Default help to upgrade to 1.1.1/1.1.2
    Hello
    I bought and got ATT service when the iphone first came out.
    I then jailbreak and unlocked it and works fine and all.

    Now since i still have the old 1.0 FW i want to move up to the newewst FW either 1.1 or 1.2.
    I have read the Virginazation tut but thats only for the OS X tut i dont have a mac im running Win xp so i would like to know how i got to update the FW.

    Also if i do that will the phone get lock again and since Ibrickr doesnt work with the newest FW is there a Ibrickr type of App to load Nr0ms to it and others app.

    if i missed anything please let me know if i will run into any problems while i do the FW update.

    Thanks

    All i wan to do is to update to the newest 1.1 or 1.2 if i have to since most of the Apps are only working with the newest FW's.

    Like i said before i read the reverganize tutorial but that tutorial i found its for the OS X i dont have a imac im running XP

    So can some1 help me?

    Thanks
    Last edited by ߥ; 2007-12-07 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    you need to virginize your phone first,
    and then you can use idemocracy to update and unlock,
    it's a windows program with a nice GUI.

    I've never virginized, but there is lots of info here if you want to search,
    or someone else might answer your post

  3. #3
    @annaj
    if i update rite now using itunes to 1.1.2 will it upgrade to the new bootloader4.06? or will it still be 4.02??

    thanks

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 714pedro View Post
    @annaj
    if i update rite now using itunes to 1.1.2 will it upgrade to the new bootloader4.06? or will it still be 4.02??

    thanks
    I'm not sure, I don't know the techie stuff,
    just know how to follow the guides,
    and which ones to follow in what circumstances.

    what firmware do you have now,
    are you jailbroken/unlocked,
    and what status to do you want to be at
    (1.1.2 jailbroken/unlock)?

  5. #5
    hi

    i have a similar problem here.i bought an unlocked 1.1.2 version phone which works in india.but mistakenly the upgrade button was pressed (while trying to download something)and the phone got locked. now again someone unlocked it for me sitting the whole day .but he had to downgrade it to 1.0.2 version.so how can i upgrade it to 1.1.2.also i need the installer app on my phone.please help. i am really desp .i am not very good at this.so step by step instructions will be appreciated

  6. #6
    This is the only tut i found about virginized. But this is for Imac i dont have a Imac just a pc/xp
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...nd_OS_X_iPhone

  7. #7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by zahirawuf View Post
    hi

    i have a similar problem here.i bought an unlocked 1.1.2 version phone which works in india.but mistakenly the upgrade button was pressed (while trying to download something)and the phone got locked. now again someone unlocked it for me sitting the whole day .but he had to downgrade it to 1.0.2 version.so how can i upgrade it to 1.1.2.also i need the installer app on my phone.please help. i am really desp .i am not very good at this.so step by step instructions will be appreciated
    i'm not sure why someone would go through all the trouble to fix your phone, and then give you 1.0.2. but if that's what they did...???
    Are you using a PC? If so, you should be able to just use idemocracy:
    http://code.google.com/p/idemocracy/

    It is supposed to have everything in a very nice GUI,
    but if you're "not very good at this" make sure you read the instructions carefully for the whole process before you start.

    Quote Originally Posted by ߥ View Post
    This is the only tut i found about virginized. But this is for Imac i dont have a Imac just a pc/xp
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...nd_OS_X_iPhone
    just to confirm, you have firmware 1.0? not 1.0.2?
    I didn't have a phone before 1.0.2, so I don't know if you've just got a really old version, or if you missed a digit when you were typing..
    Last edited by annaj; 2007-12-07 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by annaj View Post
    i'm not sure why someone would go through all the trouble to fix your phone, and then give you 1.0.2. but if that's what they did...???
    Are you using a PC? If so, you should be able to just use idemocracy:
    http://code.google.com/p/idemocracy/

    It is supposed to have everything in a very nice GUI,
    but if you're "not very good at this" make sure you read the instructions carefully for the whole process before you start.



    just to confirm, you have firmware 1.0? not 1.0.2?
    I didn't have a phone before 1.0.2, so I don't know if you've just got a really old version, or if you missed a digit when you were typing..

    Ye i do have the Version 1.0.2 (1c28) and yes its the very first fw that the iphone came with.
    thanks

  9. #9
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ߥ View Post
    Ye i do have the Version 1.0.2 (1c28) and yes its the very first fw that the iphone came with.
    thanks
    I don't think it's the very first - but either way,
    with 1.0.2 you should be able to use idemocracy to virginize and then update/unlock/jailbreak.

    i have a mac so haven't used it,
    but it has all the instructions embedded in the GUI,
    and tons of people rave about it so it should be good.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •