Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade to 1.1.2 from 1.1.1 and now phone doesn't work

Angry Upgrade to 1.1.2 from 1.1.1 and now phone doesn't work
    Ok, I've been on 1.1.1 for a while now, jail broken and working just fine. I finally get tired of iTunes haunting me that my phone needs to be updated. So I run Oktoprep (or however its spelled) and decide to update to 1.1.2. Update fails and I get the "Connect to iTunes screen" on my iPhone. So, I perform an 1.1.1 restore on it, and it errors again. WTF!! I finally just let it do the restore and update and I'll worry about downgrading and re-upgrading later. Errors again and now I get a "Contact Apple Support" on my phone and iTunes says that I have no SIM installed in my phone. Mind you, i never unlocked my phone, just jailbreaked it. I put my SIM in my wife's iPhone, works fine...her SIM in mine, doesn't work. I swap them back, and my phone still doesn't work. I went ahead and called Apple and have a return on it to get it repaired, but did this happen by coincidence with the 1.1.2 upgrade or did the upgrade on a jailbroken phone, even with Oktoprep, somehow mess up my phone? I don't have any stats like boot loader right now, my phone is at home and I am at work. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    Ok, I've been on 1.1.1 for a while now, jail broken and working just fine. I finally get tired of iTunes haunting me that my phone needs to be updated. So I run Oktoprep (or however its spelled) and decide to update to 1.1.2. Update fails and I get the "Connect to iTunes screen" on my iPhone. So, I perform an 1.1.1 restore on it, and it errors again. WTF!! I finally just let it do the restore and update and I'll worry about downgrading and re-upgrading later. Errors again and now I get a "Contact Apple Support" on my phone and iTunes says that I have no SIM installed in my phone. Mind you, i never unlocked my phone, just jailbreaked it. I put my SIM in my wife's iPhone, works fine...her SIM in mine, doesn't work. I swap them back, and my phone still doesn't work. I went ahead and called Apple and have a return on it to get it repaired, but did this happen by coincidence with the 1.1.2 upgrade or did the upgrade on a jailbroken phone, even with Oktoprep, somehow mess up my phone? I don't have any stats like boot loader right now, my phone is at home and I am at work. Thanks!
    Below references a link which worked for me. I had been jailbroken on 1.1.1 and had run OKtoPrep. The only problem I had is the file iTunesMobileDevice.dll was still the 7.5 version as I had to downgrade to 7.4 version and Iphucwin32 would not run without an earlier version as I am on a PC. It would crash when performing a CMD instruction.

Jim
    -------------------
    Jailbreak 1.1.2 software released for Windows and Mac

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From modmyi.com:

So many are confused about how exactly to jailbreak to 1.1.2

If you are running a 1.1.2 phone you need to get back to 1.1.1. This method is documented countless times on this site and the rest of the web. If is also included in the readme file packaged in the zip file linked below.

Now that you have a 1.1.1 phone you need to get installer working.

Install OktoPrep via Installer

upgrade to 1.1.2

Conceited software has released software that will jailbreak 1.1.2, installs installer, and install ssh app. Both windows and mac versions are available and you can get them here:

http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html

Run the conceited software 1.1.2 jailbreak software, it will take about 10 minutes to complete.

Note: if you did not install OktoPrep before you upgraded to 1.1.2 none of this will work