Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreak incomplete?

Default jailbreak incomplete?
    hi guys,

i just got an unlocked iphone,its working and everything.but i have a problem i do not have the installer program. and when i go to install it via www.jailbreakme.com it doesn't go.what can i do? my iphone's firmware is 1.1.1. i live in holland. hope that anybody can help..

tnx guys...

It wont install if you have not "Jailbroken" the phone. Unlocked just means you are using it on another carrier, but doesnt mean you can access the phone for modding. Search the forum, there are several tutorials which will guide you through Jailbraking the phone.

Hi there, I am jailbreaking my IPHONE (original 1.0.2) , I am getting the "BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0" line since some time now, any ideas how to fix this? Have you seen this problem before?
    Thanks!

Default jailbreak- jailbreakme.com
    oh ok, i c, but if it just unlocked why can't i do it via the site jailbreakme.com?

I've not seen that issue before. What method are you using? There is a fairly automated method for Jailbreaking that version software, should go smoothly. But honestly, that one sounds new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by toro22polo View Post
    oh ok, i c, but if it just unlocked why can't i do it via the site jailbreakme.com?
    Jailbreakme.com works for 1.1.1, which you said you are running, I have heard of other people saying the site wouldnt work, but I jailbroke my 1.1.1 using the manual "do-it-yourself" method, so I wouldnt know why.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2007-12-05 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Booting and stuck-hanged with "BSD root:..."
    Hi, yes, I am using the Ibrickr 0.9, I got stuck just after it ibrickr downloaded the 1.0.2 and re-installed it. then i saw bunch of prompt lines then these:

"BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0" line

it senses and prompts if I plug or unplug the USB cable